Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: survival horror games for the amiga?  (Read 5208 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: survival horror games for the amiga?
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »
XDelusion, you and I are long lost friends.  We really need to get together because it sounds like we have TONS in common!

Oh, and this thread has inspired me to make an Amiga survival horror game now.  I've already started the story line and am sketching out the basic concept.  Now I just need to learn how to program games :)

And yes, it WILL be Lovcraftian...
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
As fans of the Call of Cthulhu tabletop RPG, we were thrilled back in the day, when we realized Alone in the dark was based on the cthulhu mythos

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
Friend request sent. :)

What is that controller in your other avatar? Is that the one for the XBOX 1 that people used to play those 2 Mech titles that were released for it? I got a couple flight sticks that I was planning on attempting to use for FPS's some day, well that and Star Wars X-Wing.

Anyhow, a bit closer to the topic. If you wrote a Lovecraft inspired Horror Adventure for the Amiga, I would want to be one of the first to beta test that puppy! I can not tell you how obsessed with Lovecraft I am! I believe I've read all the stories, watched every movie I can think of that was based or loosely based upon his work and of course have played my fair share of Lovecraftian games, though sadly have not completed many.

I was dabbling with Blitz a couple months ago, and really need to get back to it. While I did not have a horror adventure in mind, I would most certainly like to some day contribute a game or two of my own to the Star Wars community some day.

foleyjo: Thankx for the heads up on that Res Evil clone for the AMiga. I never knew someone attempted such a thing. I'll have to check it out!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:43:58 PM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline carvedeyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:24 PM »
Quote from: foleyjo;643962
There's always the Amiga Resident Evil demo

http://hol.abime.net/5548

OMG where can i download this ?
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline carvedeyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by carvedeye
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;644031
XDelusion, you and I are long lost friends.  We really need to get together because it sounds like we have TONS in common!

Oh, and this thread has inspired me to make an Amiga survival horror game now.  I've already started the story line and am sketching out the basic concept.  Now I just need to learn how to program games :)

And yes, it WILL be Lovcraftian...

i look forward to it, keep us updated on the progress :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »
Quote from: carvedeye;644048

Grrrr, ya I guess we don't have a download link do we? Suck!!!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Cammy

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
You can find more information about the Amiga Resident Evil "port" here: http://hol.abime.net/5548
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
Quote from: carvedeye;644048

I've put in a request for it and the source at EAB. Keep your fingers crossed.

BTW, if you have not played the Nintendo DS port, do so! It's possibly the best edition yet!

Speaking of the DS, I'd love to see a Lovecraftian adventure in vein of Orcs and Elves for the DS, or DOOM 2 RPG for the iPod. Maybe some day if I get good at Blitz.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 02:19:20 AM »
Aghh, another non-Amiga Horror adventure that I can not leave without mentioning...

Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube. My what a remarkable game! Aghh, and Shadow of the Comet (enhanced CD) for DOS.

Also Resident Evil for the Amiga can be found on the  Amiga Format CD 28 which I am currently grabbing from EAB. ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:32:30 AM by XDelusion »

Offline Drummerboy

• Show only replies by Drummerboy
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 03:22:57 AM »
Myth?.. ambient sounds
Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 2000, 1200, 4000...

C= VIC 20 / 64 /SX64/ 128

Atari 600XL (SIC Cartdridge)
Atari 800XL (SIO2SD unit)

Jay Miner`s Atari 2600 - Wood front -

\\"Amiga, this Computer have a Own Live\\"--\\"Silence When the Drums are Talking\\".... DrummerBoy

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 03:34:09 AM »
Myth is one of my favorites on the Amiga. A shame though that you have to use the damn space bar to change weapons as opposed to a button.

And yes, the ambient sounds really do it for this game!

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 03:59:08 AM »
Im guessing everybody knows this one, but for a non amiga game that is genuinely unsettling, you can't do much worse than the first two Silent Hill games (PS and PS2). 3 was decent too. Skip the rest.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 04:14:48 AM »
Run: Are you possessed by minions of the dark lord, because you spoke of your self above as being more than one. ;)

Silent Hill is a great series, though I did like the reboot on the Wii as well not to mention Ju-On The Grudge.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 05:22:27 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644163
Run: Are you possessed by minions of the dark lord, because you spoke of your self above as being more than one. ;)

Silent Hill is a great series, though I did like the reboot on the Wii as well not to mention Ju-On The Grudge.

no, but Ive been playing sega megadrive and SNES games all day, so I have 16 bits in my head :)

Didnt play the wii one, though I'd love to see it. Was it a remake of the first game or?

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 05:49:44 AM »
Quote from: runequester;644166
no, but Ive been playing sega megadrive and SNES games all day, so I have 16 bits in my head :)

Didnt play the wii one, though I'd love to see it. Was it a remake of the first game or?

It's more of a re-imagining of the original, and very in depth at that. There is a lot of depth put into it, which you can find out about via the various Youtube videos. For one, you never play the same game twice, the world is a LOT more interactive, and pays close attention to what you do, where you go, and what you take interest in... It learns! (sinister laugh).

You use the Wiimote as your hand to interact with various objects, and yes, physics do play a key role. You also use the Wiimote as your flash light, camera (which can take some interesting photos where the eyes might see nothing), as well as a Cell Phone which you put to your head when it rings...

...and BOY do you get some creepy phone calls!

There is so much to tell about this tittle. Certainly one of the better horror adventures to come into existence in my opinion. They did the original justice, but again, it is VERY different from the original.

For the note, you'll find a TON of Horror adventures for both the Wii and XBOX, which comes as a surprise to some as the local stores primarily only stock Wii games that appeal to toddlers and girls concerned about their weight, but too lazy to actually go out and do a hard day's work. ;)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 11, 2011, 06:20:12 AM »
hot damn, that sounds really awesome. I may have to pick up a cheap wii