Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Subway RapidRoad Question  (Read 269 times)

Description:

Offline bbond007Topic starter

• Show only replies by bbond007
Subway RapidRoad Question
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:20:10 AM »
I'm under the impression that the reason why clockport USB adapters cant work with audio cards is because they require the USB to operate in isochronous mode.

I'm noticing that certain higher-end USB DACs claim to operate in asynchronous mode and also claim not to require any custom driver.

For example:

HIFIMEDIY SABRE U2
DragonFly DAC
Atune t1 mk2

Would any of these work with ClockPort USB?

Thanks!

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Subway RapidRoad Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:15 AM »
I'm not sure I understand the question.  I have a RapidRoad connected to an X-Surf 100 in my A2000.  Under Zorro II I get about 2.2MB/sec.  Users with Zorro III report about up to 6.4MB/sec.  I believe that the max through the clockport with the RapidRoad is only around 700KB/sec.  If you search the forums there's a long review thread that I wrote on mine, that others commented on.  I think it was fitzsteve who tried USB sound cards, and said it was just too slow.  Even with ZIII and an '060 he was barely able to play an mp3 because of the overhead of converting to USB.  But search the forums, my memory's a bit foggy.  ;)

Does that help?
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos