Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sharing UAE Configurations and OS Installs  (Read 1739 times)

Description:

Offline gertsyTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Sharing UAE Configurations and OS Installs
« on: October 01, 2016, 01:04:06 AM »
It struck me that I've spent a bit of time setting up a few favourite UAE configs but much more time on associated OS installs, setups and software installs.  
I think that time multiplied by all the Amiga / UAE users doing this would/should be a valuable asset for the community.  And with a lot of stuff like HDLoad now being Open and Amiga Anywhere being so cheap, that should take the "curse" off it.
Is anyone aware of a place where this short of stuff is shared at the moment?  If not could AORG be a portal to such a sharing location?
Interested in other peoples views and interest in this. Especially moderators and obviously "The owners"
I understand that this could become a conversation on ROM files and legality of OS installs but if we take it as read and reinforce that one Must have the associated licensing, the conversation would be much more positive and beneficial to all.

Thoughts?

Offline kolla

Re: Sharing UAE Configurations and OS Installs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »
Yeah. I posted a youtube video the other day, just showing how I use my MIST, and after that people have been naging me for a hard drive file. Now, I could just hand it out, as is, but it contains a whole lot of licensed software that I have paid for, so no good. Also, it won't even boot properly without my own custom assembled kickstart, and there are scripts running that will very much presume that there is a *ix prompt available at 57600 baud on the serial port. So... I don't think I will bother. Putting things together to make your own setup and learn stuff on the way is kinda what I think people should be doing anyways.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline gertsyTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
Quote from: kolla;814691
Yeah. I posted a youtube video the other day, just showing how I use my MIST, and after that people have been naging me for a hard drive file. Now, I could just hand it out, as is, but it contains a whole lot of licensed software that I have paid for, so no good. Also, it won't even boot properly without my own custom assembled kickstart, and there are scripts running that will very much presume that there is a *ix prompt available at 57600 baud on the serial port. So... I don't think I will bother. Putting things together to make your own setup and learn stuff on the way is kinda what I think people should be doing anyways.

Thanks kolla.  Looks like there's not much interest.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;814682
It struck me that I've spent a bit of time setting up a few favourite UAE configs but much more time on associated OS installs, setups and software installs.  
I think that time multiplied by all the Amiga / UAE users doing this would/should be a valuable asset for the community.  And with a lot of stuff like HDLoad now being Open and Amiga Anywhere being so cheap, that should take the "curse" off it.
Is anyone aware of a place where this short of stuff is shared at the moment?  If not could AORG be a portal to such a sharing location?
Interested in other peoples views and interest in this. Especially moderators and obviously "The owners"
I understand that this could become a conversation on ROM files and legality of OS installs but if we take it as read and reinforce that one Must have the associated licensing, the conversation would be much more positive and beneficial to all.

Thoughts?

No interest?
I like the idea. Work arounds could be set up for the rom files.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"