Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A games thread  (Read 2091 times)

Description:

Offline thanos

• Show only replies by thanos
Re: A games thread
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 12, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
I'm back to Neuromancer, and Ultima III.  I will also probably get into Wasteland again sometime soon.  Whenever I start feeling a little nostalgic I'm always called back to these titles for some reason.
a500 a1200 a2000

c64 c128

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
@Fanscale
curse of monkey island is one of alltime favorite games. Weirdly though I didnt like it when it was 1st released, possibly because I loved the 1st 2 on Amiga and I knew no.3 wouldnt be possible on amiga, plus at 1st it appears pretty different, and I was also stuck at the very beginning. It wasnt until I was using amithlon/os3.9 and a bppc owning friend recommended I try it using scummvm that I gave it a fair chance. Glad I did too as it's a great game. Ive never laughed out loud so often and heavily over a video game before. I strongly recommend anyone who hasnt played it to give it a try.

As far as new games go though, Im currently enjoying Mirrors Edge on XB360, gives a good feeling of immersion.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:51:24 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline koshman

• Show only replies by koshman
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
I finally finished God of War 1 this Saturday. On Sunday I reassembled my A4000 after a few weeks - CPU overclock, new fans, video switch etc. and started playing Frontier.... again.
- Radim

A600 - 68020/33, 10MB RAM, 3.1, 2GB SD

Offline RMK305

• Show only replies by RMK305
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
I just bought Need for Speed shift and the settlers 2 10th anniversary, both for the PC. Can't bloody play NFS due to needing a better GFX card-I remember now why I stopped buying PC games. Settlers on the other hand had me up till 2am one night to which I thought.....cool, this is a good game. Just like the 1st only with different graphics.

Super Mario Bros on the NES every so often when I need to blow 10 minutes.
Amiga 4000, Warp Engine 040/40MHz, CV643D with scan doubler module, Tocatta soundcard, Deneb, 72Meg fast ram, 18 gig scsi hard drive.

3xA500, 1xA1200, 1xCD32

Offline Einstein

• Show only replies by Einstein
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
Hi again Mr Rabbit!

As for "forgotten" games: You (all) haven't missed Syberia have you ? Sadly I got the chance to play the second episode which I finished and never bothered with the first one later simply because of that, to my regret of course. :(
I have spoken !

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
I'm playing Baldur's Gate right now, using the BGII engine, so I can export my characters over. I'd love it for someone to make a BG type game for the Amiga. I'd help provide sprite graphics for it.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf