Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10479 times)

Description:

Offline yetihw

• Show only replies by yetihw
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 04:48:12 PM »
@ starke

I love the Amiga however I have no intention on purchasing an 800 dollar motherboard.  Only the truly dedicated take such a step and those seem to total around 2000.
Couldn\\\'t afford an amiga then can\\\'t afford one now.

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 04:50:49 PM »
OK, so Kmos, Amiga Inc, Amiga itself, Gateway, and the one before Gateway who bought Amiga when they first went bankrupt, all had one thing in common, none of their supposed supporters actually told them, via telephone, email, post, card, anything of the sort, and if there were some, not enough to create a ripple in the water, about WHAT WE ALL ACTUALLY WANT!!!

SO

Why dont we do it this time round, just once, every single one of us on this site, just once, and then rest the case, and see what happens, how many peole get replies, and what type of replies.

More so, I am going to try other forums users about Amiga, to do the same. And maybe, If we all think logical about it, If they get enough postings, letters, emails so forth, we start seeing a change, a new lease on the Amiga worlds life, but like this, we might as well hang up our brains before we enter any building with a pc in it, and call our IT support staff, to fix a problem that we could most likely fix ourselves on the amiga. (Mmmmm, actually my farther woulda done this back then.)

OK

OK

Cheers 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »
Yetihw,

man, not even if it was a whole new computer, you still wouldnt buy?? whats wrong?? you can tell us!!

What would be dissapointing is to see Amiga Inc's downfall if this new system with the standalone OS4 comes out, and none of you buy it, now that would pis me off, and I think Id have to leave it at that for now!!

Cheers 8-)

What Amiga do you own at the moment, I wouldnt want Amiga Mr_500 tearing up a part of u, before he gets to know you!!

(smiles) 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »
Mr_500, pleae dont insult me, I have a 1000 amiga.
I have a friend who has a commodore 64
I have 1345 big ass disks for my big ass floppy drives, external for the Amiga 1000. Ive had it since I was a kid, as dadio was into Amigas.

Well I must have been confused by your post:
"Still, Ive only been back in the game a week and 3 days, and Ive learnt heaps.
Im not twiddling, Ive got a 64, with various Amiga parts connected to it. I know, it takes the large disks nd all, but there are still some games I play on it.
But I dont see a point for me getting an Amiga system right now..."

Wait, I'm still a little unsure. Is it you or your friend that has the C64? Are the large floppy disks for your C64 or for your Amiga 1000? If you really do have an Amiga 1000, then I'm happy for you. (you're still using Windows, though - I'm not)

I hope you realize that Amiga Inc. is totally unrelated to anything that made Amiga great in the first place. It's just a name that has been purchased by somebody.

Example: Imagine that you like Macs. Apple Inc. then has major financial difficulties, goes bankrupt and after many years is bought out by Bill Gates. All staff have left. Some new people are hired part-time. After many more years a substandard beta OS is released for expensive old hardware with no software applications and only poorly emulated support for old software. Would you say, "Support Apple Inc.! Get out there and tell everybody about it!!!11"? Personally, I'd rather play with an old Mac.

Offline stopthegop

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
Imagine..... Apple Inc. then has financial difficulties and after many years is bought out by Bill Gates.

Imagine?   I thought thats what happened actually happened?  :roll:
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »
Starke,
OK, so Kmos, Amiga Inc, Amiga itself, Gateway, and the one before Gateway who bought Amiga when they first went bankrupt, all had one thing in common, none of their supposed supporters actually told them, via telephone, email, post, card, anything of the sort, and if there were some, not enough to create a ripple in the water, about WHAT WE ALL ACTUALLY WANT!!!

Speak for yourself.

Why dont we do it this time round, just once, every single one of us on this site, just once, and then rest the case, and see what happens, how many peole get replies, and what type of replies.

What part of "some aren't interested in new hardware" don't you get? There's a good number of people out there, maybe even the majority, who don't agree with what AInc. and the AmigaOne Partners have done to the Amiga name.

You really want to support Amiga Inc.? Then go buy their products. You'll quickly find that OS4 is NOT one of their products. You want to suport OS4? Go buy OS4 hardware. lol. :roll:

Offline oddmario

• Show only replies by oddmario
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Starke
Try to relax and read i bit more from this forum and others before you start ranting.
1. Bashing MS and still using it to play a MS game!
2. Gloom before Doom!

I have been an Amiga user since the A1000 arrived in Norway but still pretty laid back when it comes to OS4.
You see, i have never tried it, seen it or anything.
Unlike you and your likes i like to try before i buy.
You will stick with your Toyotas even if Nissan makes something better and cheaper, Not me.
I use MS and Linux(ubuntu) mainly.
Wish i could say Amiga but that would not be true.
My A4000 is connected and i backup my email and play a game every now and then, that's it.
Adults with imaginary friends are stupid

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
Imagine? I thought thats what happened actually happened?

No, he didn't buy Apple, just made a small investment. I meant if Apple went completely bankrupt and was completely  bought out. (I'll edit it)

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »
Firstly I do own the 1000.
Secondly my friend has the 64, but also has a 1200!
Thirdly, If we do support Amiga Inc, then we show initiative, and by showing this, we also show them what we want.
Fourthly, I do not see the relation between apple and amiga here, especially as the Amiga Inc is not directly owned by Bill gates, But Hyperion is helping all three software OS vendors here.
They have helped program Mac os, Amiga os, and Microsofts OS. So does that mean, there are no people supoorting mac company out there coz its owned by Bill gates, NO.
WHY: Because Mac users want to make it evident that they do not want a pc with Windows on it.
Also, the fact that youve just said what you did, indicates to me, that you do not want Amiga Inc, with Hyperion to take their efforts seriously, their efforts being, to try and actually create a new Amiga computer with the New os4. Yes OS4 has been out already, but thats not the bigger picture im highlighting here.

Fifthly:So, I wrote all this on a pc, did you think about me not living on my own here, my pc is quieter, meaning I can talk to you guys now, at 4:17am, Im in Australia remember.

Cheers 8-)

P.S.You must not want a new Amiga computer with new stuff, thats fine, you may be old, but Im not that old yet, and nor is the guy who was born in 88, or for that matter, many other users in there 20's
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 05:23:29 PM »
Jorkany

OS4 is Hyperion yes?

So Hyperion is joint with Amiga Inc.

Infact, I cant be bothered writing to you, here, read this if you havent already, its 2004 news.

Also, I cant see what would be wrong in supporting a company that is actually trying, or is Hyperion trying harder than Amiga Inc??

Maybe

Heres the link anyway

http://os4.hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php%3Foption=content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=30.html

I suggest reading the whole site. 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »
ODDMARIO:

Thats just my point, Nissan doesnt make something better or cheaper than toyota at the moment.

But lets not go there! This is a computer forum!

And as for you, you make a point, But a pc has always been worse then an AMIGA.
Check it, I little bit older news:

http://www.polyphoto.com/upchug/AEcastro.html

What the Americans used for spaceshuttles.

Ive also heard they use Amigas for Area 51! But I havent found nor looked yet for info on this.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
Hi Starke, I would like to believe Amiga can be a useful computer again.
I am one of the people who spent years telling friends how Amiga will come back and how good it was. Unfortunately it did not happen and they don't believe me anymore.
What would I like to see now ? I would like to see OS4/5 running on X86. Why ? So we can show people how much faster it is than the bloated DRM ridden rubbish they are running now. Will it happen ? It might  :-o
Your problem here on A.Org is that people see you as a born again evangelist preaching to the people that felt the same way 5 or 10 years ago. If you go gently and ask people to sign your petition, I think you might get a lot further  :lol:
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline oddmario

• Show only replies by oddmario
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49:08 PM »
Starke
I do not understand you
Now you say you stick with product A because they are better.
Earlier you would stick with them no matter what.

You seems to argue for arguments sake.

Read Homer
He is on track.

Except that preachers ever have bothered with facts.

Adults with imaginary friends are stupid

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »
Homer:
Lauraine:

Thank you for the tip. I hadnt thought of this, but then, I was hoping for Amiga.org to actually do this automatically.

Actually, I wouldve thought that many sites like this one wouldve come up with this idea, for new users to sign a simple petition.

Oh well, I geuss its true, one must work hard to get somewhere in LIFE!

Interesting commentary though from you, but I dont mind, In one way your probly right, Here I am, been out of the Amiga scene for years, well, in a way never left the scene behind closed doors, anyway, and then I come back, trying to make people understand that we need to do something about this, if we want the resistance, whats left of it, to survive.

Anyway, maybe after some sleep, I will ask the webmaster for some tips on petitioning, or if he could set it up on Amiga.org. Wayne was his name.

OK

Cheers 8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »
Starke: Get some sleep fella  :lol:
Its 17:54 here so it must be the wrong side of night for you !!
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

« Reply #44 from previous page: January 25, 2007, 05:57:05 PM »
ODDMARIO:

thats true, I would stick with them no matter what, but my latter comments were more to the average user base, who would only stick with a good product.

Truth is, Amiga os4 is an awesome product, just wish we can get to use it soon on Amiga's new computers that they have planned.

Basically, anything beats windows for me, but this may not be the case for everyone.
Mr_500 man: Before u rip into me again, Ill answer your statement you probly going to make, now:
OK, so I am using windows, on my PC, you must understand, there's been a long time of aggony in using this shet, and in the end, I am finally no longer willing to except the flaws of this OS. Hence, It would be nice to not even have to touch windows, and have instead of emulator, an Amiga OS running on my PC, or Amiga one, or new Amiga computer, or MAC, as a standalone OS that doesnt need another OS as a base platform, but can still run pc software, and others.

Now this would be an accomplishment.
AMIGA will rise!