Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a -MUST HAVE- game for new amiga/peggy  (Read 2688 times)

Description:

Offline Themamboman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Themamboman
Re: a -MUST HAVE- game for new amiga/peggy
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 13, 2003, 03:16:56 PM »
The source code for Alien VS Predator 1 is on the net.  That should be a fun one.

Offline thorrin

• Show only replies by thorrin
    • http://thorrin.hopto.org
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
Well, seeing how the Amiga was infinitely more popular in Europe than here in the States, a good fooball (soccer) game would be great.  Someone mentioned this before in another thread.  The BEST game IMO is Konami's Winning 11 v6 (I think its called Pro Evolution Soccer in Europe).  This is the FIFA KILLER.  Believe me!  I have NEVER screamed at my TV as much as when I play this game.  If Kanu kicks that ball wide one more time...

I don't think there is a PC version of this.  AFAIK, its only on PS2.  Would Konami do it?  Highly doubtful (no) as there is no real money to be made on a new platform right now.  That game would be a nice addition though.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.  

-Thorrin

The best part about it was when I got paid...

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2003, 09:22:55 AM »
quotes:

Because nobody plays them. Well, I play ADOM, and I began playing it on the amiga, but i've never met another Amiga/ADOM player...

hey, why don't we start a nethack vs adom thread?

So...now I suppose we are three playing ADOM, the greatest game of its kind. And if you want, I will beat you on the head with an ADOM executable anything till you forget about that silly nethack :-)

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup.

edit: Heh...I noticed an ADOM-like game (nethack? :)) a long, long, long, long time ago, played it a little, found it amusing, but then gave it up. Some years later I discovered mudding and my life was laid in ruins :)
However, I did not have I-net at home and I was greatly bored, so I decided to find that nethack game again and see if it would entertain me. I ended up with ADOM and has played it an infinite number of times, completing it in various ways.

It should be noted that I suck too much not to savescum away.

Offline Ratto

• Show only replies by Ratto
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 11:11:11 AM »
Yes ADOM must be ported on amigaone and pegasos, I play ADOM al lot!!! :-D  :-D

ADOM for amiga can't die, we want it!!!!!! :-)

For amiga adom player take a look on adom hall of fame

Hall of fame

There is a nice forum
Ratto

\\"Nulla è finito di ciò che è fatto\\"

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 03:09:50 PM »
I play Net Hack but only on my PC, it's easier for me than Ancient Domains of Mystery. I had a floppy with 'Hack 2000' on it for my Amiga, but its half broken, I might be able to get it to work, but I'm too lazy right now.

I'd say amiga needs Stars! give them a million dollars and they'll even make it exclusively Amigan.

oh *AHEM* edit: www.crisium.com
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 03:59:13 PM »
There was another game I remember playing, I think it was called Moria, on the Amiga a while back. The plus point it had was that it was graphical when everything back then was ASCII.

I quite like the graphical version of Nethack as well, but nothing beats ASCII for the bewilderment it causes when friends come over and see you playing nethack or adom. I've always been playing things like this while they were raving about the latest games on their PC. Never have been much of a games player myself, but when I do I end up playing MAME or Speccy emulator games, not exactly state of the art....

I like Amigas

Offline Wain

• Show only replies by Wain
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 05:01:43 PM »
Neverwinter Nights...

It's been the #1 RPG game on most game sites for roughly a year now if not longer (I have no concept of time). There are mac and Linux versions, new supplements are being developed for it, along with extensive on-line play.  Of course, I have no idea how long it'll be before we can support the 3-D required for the graphics, but if we're talking current games, I personally think that this one would be a milestone for getting the Amiga to the same level as other systems (if not surpassing them), and best of all, it's made by Atari!!!  (of course, it's really just infogrames, but that's still about as close as you'll get to seeing Atari make games for an Amiga  :-P  )
Professional Expatriate

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2003, 05:05:38 PM »
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 05:19:36 PM »
One series of games that need porting to amiga right now (perhaps a 603 would cut) is fallout, fallout 2 and fallout tactics ;-)
int p; // A