Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which classic Amiga games do you want to see remade on the A1  (Read 6512 times)

Description:

Re: Which classic Amiga games do you want to see remade on the A1
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2002, 11:51:15 AM »
An improved version of MARBLE MADNESS would
be a "VERY GOOD THING" (tm)  :-D

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2002, 11:59:44 AM »

Tickly wrote:

:-D

I love you, man!
 :-D
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2002, 12:36:45 PM »

I love you, man!

Heh.. I can't take credit for the GIF i'm afraid, I found it on a google image search...
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline Chunder

• Show only replies by Chunder
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2002, 12:38:10 PM »
Ooooooh, YEAH! :-)

The ones already voted for which I'd agree with...

* Syndicate! Woo!
* Stunt Car Racer
* Sensible Soccer
* Alien Breed (one of the original top-down ones)

Other ones that I think would be good...

* Cannon Fodder (anyone reckon that this'd work as an FPS? Could be entertaining if it retained the comedy...)
* Alternate Reality: The City
* IK+
* Capital Punishment
* Alien Breed 3d2

/me wipes nostalgic tear from eye... :-)
Pimp My Amiga  8-)

Offline Desolator

• Show only replies by Desolator
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2002, 12:49:20 PM »
"Supercars 2 - Where the hell did the top-down racers go?"

Try Death Rally on the PC... then convert it to the A1. :)
// Amiga - The computer for the creative mind.
// Ph.D in Amiga future optimism.

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2002, 01:05:46 PM »
* Cannon Fodder (anyone reckon that this'd work as an FPS? Could be entertaining if it retained the comedy...)

No need to spoil it with an FPS conversion.

Cannon Fodder is a classic and can only be improved by adding network play.

If you agree with me go and sign the Cannon Fodder Online Petition :-D

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show only replies by KingTutt
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2002, 06:58:07 AM »
Great ideas you guys, Keep 'em coming. I sure hope we see some of these games realized on the A1.

@Kay

I can whip up some pretty mean artistic designs for some game ideas too. And I'm gonna try my hand at the A1 gfx packages when i get a chance. So give me a holler when you want buddy.

And the minute I get familiar with A1 programming, I'm gonna try my hand at a 3D rendered Supercars remake!!! I'm thinking of maintaining it top down view as the classic, but with the added eye candy of 3D models, should be a reasonable challenge. Or I may try my hand at a Marble Madness inspired game, something like Spindizzy worlds but using the Warp 3D engine or OpenGL.

Expect some impressive classic inspired titles from me in the future. If no one else picks up the job that is.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2002, 07:10:42 AM »
Genetic Species...

...it's open source.

DOOM Legacy, cause we already had vanilla DOOM, now lets hit the next level!

And it's open source. :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2002, 08:08:02 AM »
heh, guys guys.. the best top down racer ever made is by EX.liquid design (who made slamtilt) and its called "IGNITION" its on pc only, amiga version got sacked ;(
(now there is a game for a1 , seriously this is a SUPERB game)

anyway i would like to add a few things , shadow of the beast 1,2,3 wasnt made by psygnois, only published by them, the team is REFLECTIONS (driver/driver2/stuntman etc), secondly psygnosis is SONY now, and a rather bad team, reflections left and so did DMA design (walker,lemmings,gta1,2,3 etc)

Team 17 is a horrible team now, not a single good "SPECIAL" title since worms really, look at pc.....or psx/ps2 ..horrible...all the great stuff gone one way...look great play bad...tou nightlong is good.
btw team17 is publishing ACID's SKIDMARKS CONSTRUCTION KIT btw (pc).

For cinemaware games, no prob any interested guy can get the sources faster than i say hey! if they join up the all new "CLICKBOOM" , yeah u might go...oh no...they will screw us....no seriously they wont, consider it!! as they wants coders for cinemaware games and "666" and "Z" , their catalouge of pc games is on their site, and they are mac/pc double bundle cds, an amiga port (a1) would be horrible easy.

For StreetRod and Stuntcar racer , first of all wasnt there supposed to arrive Stuntcar racer 3d officially?, was it stopped??, last i read about it was +3 months ago , for streetrod 3 , well remeber we live in the 2002/3 now, and such a game wouldneed to be modified alot (not only gfx) and addedalot of new stuff, anyone particular interested after i mention that? :)

on top of all, a potential game would be a plattform game (OH NO!) but yes seriously that would sort of set us abit back in time and we all should more or less know that a1 roxx  :)
a game with 3d , not MARIO 3d ####....linear like crashbandicoot, ie a friendly game and not as confusing as many of the horrible games now 'a days...

BUt what we need the most is maybe the easyest to make :) , a real puzzler ala bust a move/bubble heroes (yes i know an a1 version is in development) ...maybe in 3d?...

but the game i want the most is "IGNITION" by UDS (swedish), should be a rather easy port, game is from 1997? and is asm as far as i remeber...

and for FPS games, wellwe only need one and thats UNREAL TOURNAMENT (yeah the first one) , and i think epic has now earned enough on this game, maybe a port would be rather cheap?........

oh btw, why havent anyone started "IF YOU SUPPORT AOS4" campaign then we will "PUBLISH THE GAME FOR YOU" , that would really help,as publishing is expensive (i know as i'm a developer myself, atleast if u want highstreet stuff ala clickboom/epic marketing etc....
If such a deal will be made, ok....then i would release our titles asap!

btw MOs has RAGE HARD (r whatever its called) ,i think aos also should have atleast one SPECIAL amiga title (only for os4) to be on its release date,but this require fundings and a good crew (who would work hard) , too little time? , no....not really...no hw to develop it on? ...naaah no prob....

feel free to email me.....

tony/push entertainment
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2002, 08:13:52 AM »
Without a doubt:

Infestation! -- Such a cool idea well ahead of its time, plagued by a lack of enemies and really slow 3D graphics.  With a robust redesign, this game would be KILLER on new hardware!

Armour Geddon -- Big, deep, lots of vehicles, "multitasking" gameplay, real time events (day & night)... the list goes on.

Day of the Viper -- Infestation meets Dungeon Master, I think.  A resource management game to heart.

Log!cal -- The ultimate marbles game.  Maybe a freebee AmigaDE version?  But, it has to have a great soundtrack, like the original game.

Sideshow -- A little known title.  Visit a carnival and play booth games for tickets and food.  Harmless, addictive fun!  I still play this one a lot on my 1200.

Stunt Car Racer -- For sure!  It amazes me that with all of today's hyper 3D technology and sophisticated physics engines, that nobody can make a stunt racing game!  What ever happened to classics like SCR, and the arcade version of Hard Drivin'?  Everyone just wants to make the next cheezy verion of Need for Speed or Test Drive!  AAAAAARRGH!

Wings -- But, it must have a great story.  Red Baron II was a bit TOO realistic to be fun, Knights of the Sky was too cheezy, and Dawn Patrol was impossible to play.  Wings was just classic gaming at its finest!

Titus the Fox -- No, no... just kidding!

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2002, 08:27:36 AM »
shadow of the beast 1,2,3 wasnt made by psygnois, only published by them

As far as I know, the Psygnosis brand is dead and will no longer release any titles.  It was a hot sale when PlayStation was a new machine, but respectable titles dried up after the "Wipeout Sellout", and they haven't been very active, since.

Reflections really went downhill, too.  Destruction Derby 2 was an awful sequel to the awesome original, Driver was lackluster in all respects given the fresh genre, and Stuntman was frustrating as all hell (I'm SO glad I only rented it)!  I wish they'd lay off the driving games for a while.

Team 17 was never really that good to begin with.  ProjectX pissed me off to no end, and their earlier titles just seemed to lack serious design in favor of zippy controls and great graphics.  Allistair Brimble was a real talent, though.

Most of my favorite games have been released by one-hit-wonders.  I think that says a lot about the developers, rather than the publishers.  They got together to make a title, they made a great game, and then they moved on to other jobs.  Oh well.

Offline RedWarrior

• Show only replies by RedWarrior
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2002, 08:55:45 AM »
I've been repeating myself on this line for years... so why stop now?

Would love to see Shadow Of The Beast on a new machine...  if any platform could scroll like the old A500- I'll buy 10 of them!

;)

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show only replies by KingTutt
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2002, 12:13:38 PM »
Hey guys, I been doing a little searching for some Amigan ol skool style gameplay, but with new gfx game engines.

Just because your keeping with the old, doesn't mean you can't employ a little Warp3D/OpenGL magic for the A1, now does it?

Here's one potential scenario, I'm thinking of following as a model for some of my early ventures, I may want to write for the A1. Should be a good way to start off some quick and dirty programming for the A1 scene, just as a way of testing the waters. The way I see it, we could use some quick and dirty games keeping with the traditional gameplay of yesteryear Amigas, just to play as our OS4 equivalent to Solitaire.

So what do you guys think? Can someone say Hybris or Silkworm/SWIV remake  :-D It would be good to see a few little titles like this ship with OS4 as their Solitaire style suite.

If all goes well, I might even try my hand at an elaborate Supercars remake with full OpenGL/Warp3D support, but keeping with the top/down gameplay. Death Rally 2 here I come!
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.

Offline Tronn

• Show only replies by Tronn
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2002, 01:11:22 PM »
What we need to do is to start a programming group. You need a couple of experienced C or C++ programmers who are willing to help and guide a bunch of enthusiastic people who want to learn to program their Amiga’s but have never quite got round to it.. The experienced programmers set the lessons and exercises for the beginners to follow.

Learning with a group of others gives people more motivation than learning on your own. As I know having worked my way through well over half of my C++ book only to lose interest.:-(

A forum could be setup for the lessons and exercises and also for questions and problems to be posted to. I’ve seen this done in programming forums but never Amiga specific. We could have the next group of Amiga app/games programmers right here.:-)

Also you end up with a forum full of lessons, exercises and questions that other beginners can follow later on. Or other programming groups can be started later on that follow in the original groups' foot steps.

Just my 2p worth.:-)

Edit: The end of the course could involve porting an app to the Amiga. :-D
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don\\\'t!

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2002, 01:13:16 PM »
Hoya!

@Lionstorm

Erm.... Bomber Man/DynaBlaster multiplayer DOES exist on Amiga!!!
Have a look dynAMIte, by the brilliant AmigaZeux team! :-)

http://amisource.de/dynamite

Be funky!!!

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 14, 2002, 01:50:02 PM »
The shadow of the third moon
Stunt Car Racer