Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZIP Issue  (Read 306 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

ZIP Issue
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »
When I copy files over to a PC formatted ZIP disk 100MB size any entries over 22 files in number in a sub folder ' are ' copied but are not visible by either the PC or the Amiga. When you delete all antries from the ZIP disk it will register that there is still those files on the drive but you cannot see them.

If I copy over 22 files to the core area of the disk and not in any subfolders it will copy as many as you like and they are all visible.

What is going on. Any help appreciated.

A1200 and OS3.9. Using DopusIV. Blizzard Turbo with 32MB. Iomega external ZIP SCSI to Squirrel PCMCIA.

guest11527

Re: ZIP Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:20:19 PM »
Quote from: scuzzb494;799900
What is going on. Any help appreciated.

A1200 and OS3.9. Using DopusIV. Blizzard Turbo with 32MB. Iomega external ZIP SCSI to Squirrel PCMCIA.

This is not related to the hardware - it seems to be a bug in the implementation of the FAT system on the Amiga side. Thus, how is the ZIP drive mounted, and which file system/FAT implementation do you use? I do not remember such a bug on my system.

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;799901
This is not related to the hardware - it seems to be a bug in the implementation of the FAT system on the Amiga side. Thus, how is the ZIP drive mounted, and which file system/FAT implementation do you use? I do not remember such a bug on my system.

Well spotted. The L was set to CrossDOSFileSystem and not the Fat95. May explain some other issues I have been having with this machine. Anyway I rebuilt the mountlist from the ground up and it mounted first time and is now working without fault.

Interestingly I was not able to connect to the Aminet download for the Fat file. Fortunately I have other copies.

Thanks for that.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
We've all had zip issues at some point...  ;)