Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone still use ADoom?  (Read 2982 times)

Description:

Offline Im>bE

• Show only replies by Im>bE
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalChaosTheGame
Re: Anyone still use ADoom?
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 09:08:31 PM »

Doom has too little playability for my taste.

Suits simple minded ppl tho I guess.

Hopelessly addicted to the world\'s best strategy game.
Total Chaos on YouTube

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 10:31:38 PM »
ADOOM was kool, it did at least support DeHackED if I recall correctly. Though of course it is pretty old and out dated, and we are making the move to PPC which means we should also have an updated source port such as DOOM Legacy or ZDOOM.

As a matter of fact Legacy is currently being converted from C to C++ for portability, and it will add in extra features upon that release, one major update being support of Q3 models.

I've been working with Legacy for over 3 years now and I am VERY impressed with it so far. I would not say it is for "simple minded people" as you can use Fraggle Script to script in some VERY complex events into the game. On top of that it has VERY good support for DeHackED which is used to alter how the enemys, weapons, projectiles, items, ect act. The game can also be played in OpenGL, supports 3D floors, translucents floors, walls, real water, ect ect ect. I could only go on and on and on, but I'll stop short here.

If you wanna discuss Legacy further, many of its devotes and the author hang out in the Legacy section of the forums @ newdoom.com

Also you can find some more DOOM related stuff at DOOMworld.com which is less Legacy friendly, but a kool place to hang.

And of course before I go, if you wanna keep up with my Starwars Legacy project you can find the "current" web page here:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/doomlegacy/

Glad to see there are still DOOM players in the Amiga world!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline LP

• Show only replies by LP
    • http://bailout.dk
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 12:18:55 AM »

Offline DoomMaster

• Show only replies by DoomMaster
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 05:03:07 AM »
Yes, Doom 2 is my favorite game of all time.  But I only play it on its native platform- the PC.  The normal PC version of Doom 2 is the best version of the game.  My Doom2 wads are world famous.  You can play me, The DoomMaster, on the Kali game server.  I play on Kali EVERY DAY and I am one of the original Kali members.  My other screen names are FLY, Jasper and Mr. DongZilla.     :-D
[color=FF0033]1 Amiga 2500 / 040, 2 Amiga 2000HDs, Atari Mega4 ST, Pentium 4 PC, Macintosh SE[/color]

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 05:16:16 AM »
My Doom2 wads are world famous.
:roll:
You can play me, The DoomMaster, on the Kali game server. I play on Kali EVERY DAY and I am one of the original Kali members. My other screen names are FLY, Jasper and Mr. DongZilla.
So, if we get on there, we can start asking Workbench 4.0 on A2000HD questions then?

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 05:55:46 AM »

DoomMaster wrote:
Yes, Doom 2 is my favorite game of all time.  But I only play it on its native platform- the PC.  The normal PC version of Doom 2 is the best version of the game.  My Doom2 wads are world famous.  You can play me, The DoomMaster, on the Kali game server.  I play on Kali EVERY DAY and I am one of the original Kali members.  My other screen names are FLY, Jasper and Mr. DongZilla.     :-D

:lol:

I love this guy!
this space for rent

Offline JoNty

• Show only replies by JoNty
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 10:11:38 AM »
@Matt_H
ADoom's good, but DoomAttack beats it into the ground on 68K.

Shame most of the good game porters have left the platform.

-
JoNty

Offline JoNty

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 10:12:14 AM »
@Matt_H
ADoom's good, but DoomAttack beats it in the ground on 68K.

-
JoNty

[color=FF3300]DOUBLE POST! DELETE ME![/color][/b]

Offline CU_AMiGATopic starter

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2003, 10:34:32 AM »

Im>bE wrote:

Doom has too little playability for my taste.

Suits simple minded ppl tho I guess.

Hhhmm!!! Quite. You could say its for people with more brawn than brains! Like me! :-)

DoomMaster wrote:

That's smashing Doommaster! Can i have one of your Doom 2 wads!

JoNty wrote:
@Matt_H
ADoom's good, but DoomAttack beats it into the ground on 68K.

-
JoNty

Yeah! I heard good stuff about DoomAttack as well. Not sure if it is as good as Adoom though!  ;-)
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2003, 06:58:50 AM »
DOOM Master, that's really kool, I've been playing since it came out as well, though I never did kali once, infact I've never been much of a Death Match person myself, but Multi-Player is kool!

You might want to check out DOOM connector if you are on Cable or something fast, of course it only supports Legacy, ZDOOM, Skulltag and the like, but a lot of people still play the old dwango wads and what not on there, I'm sure you would have a blast.

Anyhow I wanted to bring up the fact that the Amiga has no decent DOOM editors which is a sad thing. Fortunatly DOOM Builder is going to be at version 1.0 pretty soon, in which case he is going to release the source. In case you are not familiar, DOOM Builder lets you edit DOOM levels in real 3D, just like with Duke! I know there are DOOM Level viewers for the Amiga, so something like this is not so far fetched at all, here is the home page in case any coders happen to see this and take on and interest.

http://www.xodemultimedia.com/builder.php

Why DOOM? Well with a decent source port, DOOM remains as advanced as games such as Quake 3 and the like, without all the fancy bells and wistles, but the 3D floors, lighing, models, scripting, ect are all there, infact I have seen Quake 3 levels near perfectly remade in DOOM with jump pads and all! Aside of that the Single player experience is still top notch with all the home made DOOM games out there.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline JoNty

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2003, 12:11:37 PM »
@Im>bE
"Doom has too little playability for my taste. Suits simple minded ppl tho I guess."

Which games do you play, Im>bE? Being an intellectual interested in game developement and all?

Gotta love it when a guy uses a girl as their avatar though.

@CU_AMiGA
"Yeah! I heard good stuff about DoomAttack as well. Not sure if it is as good as Adoom though!"

Chances are you've tried it, but didn't configure it properly, or haven't actually tried it at all. Like I said, it's truck loads better than ADoom. It's faster, got loads more features, and has a GUI.

Try it, but with the right renderer and config, and you'll never run ADoom again.

-
JoNty

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2003, 02:50:09 PM »
@JoNty

Well, i actually didn't get DoomAttack goint at all, it wanted bloody RTG master, dunno what happened there, i installed the library but it still wanted it. I have CGFX v 4.1 installed now so i don't think i can have RTG installed as well can i? Isn't DoomAttack bugged, and also never been updated?! I still think ADoom PPC is still unbeatable! :-)

Offline JoNty

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2003, 08:08:50 PM »
@CU_AMiGA
DoomAttack doesn't need RTGMaster. It uses it's own rendering plugin system.

Use the right plugin, and a good resolution.

-
JoNty

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2003, 02:58:08 PM »

JoNty wrote:
@CU_AMiGA
DoomAttack doesn't need RTGMaster. It uses it's own rendering plugin system.

Use the right plugin, and a good resolution.

-
JoNty

Well, when i clicked on the DoomAttack icon (the 060 version i think) i got a window saying it need the rtgmaster.library. Dunno what happened there. I will have another stab at it though. Maybe different now i have CGFX installed! :-)

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2003, 07:31:22 PM »
@JoNty:
I tried DoomAttack and ADoom with my Falcon040/25 and ADoom was faster... DoomAttack seemed to be designed for 020 and 030...

If you have a graphic card the fastest Amiga 68k port I've tested was EDoom, a port based in ADoom but recompiled with GCC, it gave me 1fps more than ADoom when I switched to the A4040/25 / CV64 with P96...

BTW: Where are DoomAttack's sources?
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Im>bE

• Show only replies by Im>bE
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalChaosTheGame
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 16, 2003, 09:54:54 PM »
>Which games do you play, Im>bE? Being an intellectual interested in game developement and all?

Games that require thought,
not reflexes.

>Gotta love it when a guy uses a girl as their avatar though.

I think that is annoying,
they should rather use a pic of themselves.

Or a fake pic of a handsome muscular guy.
That would be swell. :)

Hopelessly addicted to the world\'s best strategy game.
Total Chaos on YouTube