Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga A600  (Read 1165 times)

Description:

Amiga A600
« on: December 18, 2002, 12:55:29 AM »
NealeGardner@aol.com

I have got an A600 given to me, but I am having trouble getting the keys around the RETURN to come up on the screen, they do not appear to be operating, I have had a lookk at the ribbon cable and its connector but there appears to be no trouble there.  Help any other ideas will be graetfully accepted :-?

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
Re: Amiga A600
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 01:07:09 AM »
If you can, try disassembling the keyboard and cleaning the contacts under the keys that don't function. I had to do this with my A4000 keyboard several times to get keys to function again. I suggest gently swabbing the contacts with a pink pencil eraser. Do it VERY gently! Don't want to rub off too much.

Offline spiffydinosaur

• Show only replies by spiffydinosaur
    • http://www.geocities.com/spiffydinosaur/index.html
Re: Amiga A600
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 01:11:23 AM »
If you take the keyboard apart ( be careful there are lots of little screws ) you will notice a bunch of rubber contacts. These little contacts lose the conductivity over time. The way I " fixed " mine was by taking the contacts from rarely used keys, then putting them in place of commonly used keys. Just so it wouldn't have any lose or missing keys I put the bad contacts in place of the ones that were  moved.

Spiffy  :-)