Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10735 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #89 from previous page: January 29, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
@Starke,

From your many posts, it is clear that you have not done much research about what Amiga Inc. has done in the past and that they have offered no proof that they are currently doing anything, besides making it almost impossible for anyone else to get a license to produce a computer compatible with the recently released FINAL version of AmigaOS 4.0.  Amiga Inc. appears to be one of the biggest problems for the Amiga community, yet you come to this forum, shouting Rah Rah Rah, let's all support Amiga Inc. better and that will solve all our problems.  You don't give any information that would indicate how this is going to help, as Amiga Inc. have not done anything to help the community for the last several years.  They have lied, misled, stolen money (coupon and T-Shirt fiasco).  Hyperion is responsible for all the work that has gone forward, and now it appears that Amiga Inc. and Hyperion are losing what precious little money each of them may have to put toward Amiga development, by fighting each other in court, where only the lawyers win.

I would love to support Amiga in any shape or form, but there is no hardware to buy that will run AOS 4.0 and I have not seen a single legitimate announcement of any to be released this year YET!

So if you are going to try to get us all to support Amiga, please do it in a way that reflects the reality of what is happening and not base your wild statements on rumors and wishful thinking, and then get your feelings hurt when the rest of us try to wake you up to what is real.  :getmad:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2007, 02:15:02 AM »
JORKANY:

You name does suggest it all, that aside,

I hang out with my friends, hence, I cannot be on here everyday like you can, I also am currently at work, so I cannot write too much.

Cheers.  8-)  8-)

Feel free to check out my other post AMIGA NEEDS YOUR HELP, and I will try to find a way to make it happen for all of us.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2007, 02:18:59 AM »
It ain't the Amiga that "needs help", old son.
Ewige Blumenkraft!

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »

A4000_Mad wrote:

@ Karlos

Congrats on passing the 10K barrier. Glad to see that your post counter didn't reset to zero after all. Hey! Your new Avatar isn't doing anything amazing! ;-)

They can't all be animated, you know :-)
int p; // A

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »
srry starke but you are barking up the wrong tree. these things have been done before. they were ignored by ainc. hyperion is more open to ideas but they are restricted by contract. as for hardware i can only assume ainc is the holdup since they must approve them before being declaired as compatible.

you can send all the emails and money you want but short of a complete buyout nothing will change. even then i have my doubts.

:pancake: i want some pancakes. :pancake:
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
Starke,
I hang out with my friends, hence, I cannot be on here everyday like you can, I also am currently at work, so I cannot write too much.

Yet you still manage an average of 20 posts per day.

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
Jorkany:

Entertaining viewpoint, unfortunately for you, thats not true what you say, I did miss a few days on the long weekend down here, to hang out, go out, go karting, cruising, etc, etc.

So no, not an average of 20 posts a day.

Cheers.  8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
JKIRK:

Its ok, waccon and I have been trying to think of stuff, maybe not all of its been done, people are people, and we always miss something, And I am trying to find out what we missed.

Cheers. 8-)  8-)

People in doubt are usually people in need, but I dont think your in need, so dont have doubts, just think of the possibilities.
AMIGA will rise!

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »
yeah whatever.

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2007, 02:28:40 AM »
GURU:

When you say whatever, it sounds like you are not wanting to accept that Waccon, Mucker, Me in my own way, and various others like gertsy, have made some valid points along the way of our threads.

Also, people who say yeah whatever, a lot of them are in denial, and I think your one of them.

Cheers mate, have a great day, knowing that things will change in due time. 8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline mikrucio

• Party Mix \'87
    • Show only replies by mikrucio
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2007, 03:41:57 AM »
we getting a few gunslingers around these parts lately..
whats going on!

while your enthusiasm is great STARKE i dont think some of comments are appropriate. The people that have been with the amiga for along time know all too well how hard it is to deal "change" into the community.

So yes mate you are barking up the wrong tree...

Offline Minuous

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2007, 05:11:34 AM »
Amino haven't done a thing for the Amiga.

I don't know why you would want to donate to them, they are in partnership with Microfilth. All they do is publish Windoze craplets. Your money will be going into Bill Gate$ pockets, is that what you want?

It's been 7 years now since they bought the Amiga. They have done less for the Amiga than Commodore, Escom or probably even Gateway did.

They should at least allow OS4 to run on generic PPC boxes.

Many people have emailed and/or petitioned them, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2007, 06:17:07 AM »
I agree, the more a study, the moe I find out, not to support Amiga Inc directly, but rather to support AROS, or Hyperion. Ive also found another place that may be worthwhile of our support.

Once can get merchandise and more from them.

http://www.alinea-computer.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=42_44&osCsid=8645d5555cf9e6519e117d38b69ccf88

Thats the link.

Hres another worthwhile link, and you'll all know this one, if your an Amiga fan, then let your pockets loose. lol.

http://aros.sourceforge.net/

Cheers. 8-)  8-)

(it must be noted, I will be needing some sleep for a bit, as work was a little busyish today for my concentration span)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2007, 05:05:32 PM »
@starke
when I say "what ever" I mean I think Waccon Mucker and you should be using PM or email.  You are the 15th million guy to "save" the amiga and promise me some change.... come on dude, most of us are happy amiga guys already. I have enough amiga gear to fake a moonlanding, no change needed here.

Look I'm glad you dig the amiga... but some questions would be.
How old are you?  
How many amigas did you buy when they came out?
How many amiga related companies have you worked for?
what do you have to offer that others have not attempted.
why do you insist on this resurection, what does this mean?
Are you willing to transfer you bank balance to me, if I tell you I will make a new amiga for you?

I use amiga all the time for fun and have several decades experience with computers, you sound incredably naive.  I want to like you but you need to tone down the retoric.
Let's start realy slow, like for example, what do you do with your amiga?

(and no more links right now, wyane will wig out, beside we already have them holms. Mk, most of us have spent a fortune shopping for "cheap" amiga stuff over that last 10 years, welcome to the party)

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2007, 07:45:43 PM »

Thats not true.  The A1's were only on sale for a very brief period of time.  If you blinked you missed it.

Ya. Tell me about it. I was undecided just long enough to miss the boat.

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:02 AM »
@Guru 666

why do you insist on this resurection, what does this mean?

I mean, lets support AROS. I think this would be our best bet, as AROS wishes to stay true more so than Amiga Inc to Amiga users.

Of which, I want a newer Amiga, Nothing against the cool A4000T, my friends got one, but Id rather a ppc 933mhz, which isnt new, I know, but hey, that seems to be the last ones made, and seem to be hard to get one too. A1, I know.

Also, I dont see whats wrong with my thinking, Im sure many users want a newer Amiga, ontop of this, Im sure mayn younger folk, like myself, would find themselves buying a new Amiga computer if and when it finally comes out.

Cheers.
 8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!