Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly towards Amiga.Org  (Read 10551 times)

Description:

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
Re: Directly towards Amiga.Org
« Reply #74 from previous page: January 28, 2007, 08:33:35 AM »
Giving up already?

So much for the crusade!

'guess I'll have to hammer my sword back into a plowshare, dammit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plowshare

Bye!

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »
Starke: Why don't you stop winding people up, and try to get an answer from Amiga on which hardware may become available ? We can't buy OS4 and there are no computers to run it on. We have been waiting a long long time.

Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Amiga Inc need a rocket up them. OS 4, OS 5. Its been 6 years since 3.9. McEwen being a CEO knows delivery and timing is everything.  Once lawyers get involved it always ends in a mess and a waste of time and money...Sad. :evil:

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2007, 11:07:18 AM »
To all three posts:

Go To AMIGA NEEDS YOUR HELP.

Its a post I created.

And to the man

QUOTE:
Giving up already?

HELL NO, YOU CAN, BUT I WONT YET NOT UNTIL AMIGA INC or HYPERION tell me they are dumping Amiga forever, and not going to bother about it no more.

BUT UNTIL THEN, Im gonna give a fight. For my friend, AMIGA.

8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  :madashell:
AMIGA will rise!

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »
OH MY GOD ! ! ! !

Prehaps I am the one who has built the 'A4000 Tower Block' that will develop self awareness in the year 2029 and try to destroy mankind. Had I known that the small fortune and years of continuously supporting the Amiga would lead to this, I would never have done it :boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:

Yikes! The other 25 of my Amigas have just switched themselves on and aren't even connected to the mains  :eek:

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2007, 02:16:49 PM »
Oh. My. Gods. The Holy Stack.

I just soiled my boxers. That is so Holy, I'm getting visions just by looking at that :-o.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »
@A4000_Mad

sorry for the OT.

Do you know where to find one of those Amiga/Atari switchable trackball? mine (repaired n times in ~10 years) is gone.

Cheers

Offline A4000_Mad

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »
@ Framiga

Sorry but I have absolutely no idea where you will find a new one of those. Of course you will have considered looking on Ebay  :-)

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »
That monitor is at about the right height for ergonomic viewing  :-o
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »

A4000_Mad wrote:
OH MY GOD ! ! ! !

Prehaps I am the one who has built the 'A4000 Tower Block' that will develop self awareness in the year 2029 and try to destroy mankind. Had I known that the small fortune and years of continuously supporting the Amiga would lead to this, I would never have done it :boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:

You certainly have the right handle :lol:
int p; // A

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2007, 03:07:54 PM »

HopperJF wrote:

The new Intel Macs can run OS X, Linux and Windows. What more can you ask for. :-)

Said Intel Mac! Pretty please? ;-)
AKA that_punk_guy

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2007, 03:13:45 PM »

A4000_Mad wrote:
...the 'A4000 Tower Block'...

Phallic, yet oddly compelling. Crap monitor, though.  :-)
AKA that_punk_guy

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
Starke,
BUT UNTIL THEN, Im gonna give a fight. For my friend, AMIGA.
When you start consider an inanimate object as a friend, it may be time to seek professional help.

Offline A4000_Mad

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2007, 11:32:12 PM »
 :laughing: I only look at the last two or three post on a long thread as well (especially one like this).

To understand my post 9 previous to this one you also need to look at the one 18 previous. To me the the person/thing that started all these new threads looks like the Terminator from the Arnie film in his Avatar, and acts in the same way in that he just keeps coming at us. In case you didn't see it, in the film super computers in the future are given control of the defences of America. They eventually become self aware in the year 2029 and decide that the humans they are supposed to be protecting are their biggest threats as they can switch them off. So they launch atomic missiles at Russia knowing full well that the return fire will destroy the Americans as well (clever stuff). The character Reece in the film said about the Terminator "it cannot be reasoned with, it cannot be bargained with and it simply will not stop". Anyhoo, I don't look too closely at he/its posts but I think in the post 17 previous to this one he accused me of never supporting the Amiga. I refuse to address him directly and wouldn't normally be provoked into giving him/it more posts to feed on, but that kinda hit a nerve.

Moving swiftly on..................

@ Framiga

I hunted and found another trackball mouse but you would have to be pretty handy with a soldering iron to repair it. Send me a PM if interested though mate :-)

@ Karlos

Congrats on passing the 10K barrier. Glad to see that your post counter didn't reset to zero after all. Hey! Your new Avatar isn't doing anything amazing! ;-)

BTW.. That is a really dreadful quality photo and my A4000's are all in exceptional condition. I'm sure Motorollin would not have bought one if they weren't. (Don't worry he has already stated that he bought one from me on this site, and described its condition)

Well it's time for bed in the UK. C'ya  :sleep: (on a different thread)

A4000 Mad
A4000 Mad

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2007, 11:37:40 PM »

Starke wrote:
Stopped debating this shet for now, im gonna make a final posting, that will probably either last for a long time comming, or fade. Depending on the Amiga community itself.

If it fades, then all of you dont care what happens to Amiga and whether or not htey start thinking of ways to come back.

If it doesnt, then all of my efforts to try and think of ways, is not obsolete, and then maybe we can help.

End post. 8-)

What a {bleep}.

Damn, we really need to tip some chlorine in the shallow end of the gene pool down here.
Ewige Blumenkraft!

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
@Starke,

From your many posts, it is clear that you have not done much research about what Amiga Inc. has done in the past and that they have offered no proof that they are currently doing anything, besides making it almost impossible for anyone else to get a license to produce a computer compatible with the recently released FINAL version of AmigaOS 4.0.  Amiga Inc. appears to be one of the biggest problems for the Amiga community, yet you come to this forum, shouting Rah Rah Rah, let's all support Amiga Inc. better and that will solve all our problems.  You don't give any information that would indicate how this is going to help, as Amiga Inc. have not done anything to help the community for the last several years.  They have lied, misled, stolen money (coupon and T-Shirt fiasco).  Hyperion is responsible for all the work that has gone forward, and now it appears that Amiga Inc. and Hyperion are losing what precious little money each of them may have to put toward Amiga development, by fighting each other in court, where only the lawyers win.

I would love to support Amiga in any shape or form, but there is no hardware to buy that will run AOS 4.0 and I have not seen a single legitimate announcement of any to be released this year YET!

So if you are going to try to get us all to support Amiga, please do it in a way that reflects the reality of what is happening and not base your wild statements on rumors and wishful thinking, and then get your feelings hurt when the rest of us try to wake you up to what is real.  :getmad:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)