Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is there a new ArtEffect coming?  (Read 2282 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
Is there a new ArtEffect coming?
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »
guys,

a few weeks ago i got my latest issue of amiga future magazine in the post, rather excited for the review of the new stormC editor from alinea. looked good, bought a copy, love it. but... in the screenshot used in the review there was some sourcecode that referenced an assign for "arteffect 5."

i didn't think much of it at the time, but then, i saw the following screenshot in a discussion thread over on support.amigaos.net which has an icon for, you guessed it, arteffect 5. and today, while perusing through the amiga software database, i found this: a new entry for arteffect 5 with a release date of 2013.

so, is it really possible? after all of this time? we know stefan robl was working on a powerpc-native version of arteffect back in 2004-2005. there's still mention of it on his personal website.

what do you guys think? is it actually possible we'll see a new version of this excellent graphics package which hasn't seen a significant update since the H&P days? or am i just seeing what i want to see?  :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Johan Samuelsson

• Show only replies by Johan Samuelsson
    • http://www.ponnyslakteriet.com/uprough
Re: Is there a new ArtEffect coming?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
He also have a textfile with his after effect bugreports, so my guess is yes, he is betatesting it. :)
.\\\\ Spot / Up Rough Soundsystem //.
check it ---> http://www.uprough.net