Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cinemaware's Wings Remastered coming to Amiga NG platforms  (Read 20031 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: Cinemaware's Wings Remastered coming to Amiga NG platforms
« Reply #74 from previous page: February 10, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »
Quote from: Dr_Procton;835944
I didn't receive this email from him. So I've no hope to get my defender of the crown collection (ordered and paid in 2016!!!). But if he received death threats maybe there are a LOT of people that, like me, didn't receive what they paid for. I think that this letter is a sort of new excuse to take time and not ship newly paid orders..

If he is turning everything over to DragonBox, hopefully you get your order after that.

Offline Pgovotsos

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2018, 04:50:15 PM »
@Daniel so when we receive Wings, the regular release version, not the dev build,  it will be the final version? That is great news! That email from Sven said that we would be receiving the incomplete version with auto update as updates become available. It's really confusing when the developer and the publisher give different information. Is it possible to ask Sven to send a clarifying email? I really like your information much better :)

And I forgot to say before - people sending death threats, as Sven mentioned, for a game is just ridiculous. Sending death threats for any reason is wrong, but for a GAME? That's stupid.

Offline Dr_Procton

• Show only replies by Dr_Procton
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
Quote from: Rob;835992
If he is turning everything over to DragonBox, hopefully you get your order after that.

I think this is another excuse to delay the angry of his customers. The dragonbox thing is an old one for me. He told me about dragonbox handling a long time ago.
My defender of the crown collection will never arrive (and my money never refunded), sad thing for me (beautiful product). Now I can only advise other people to not deal with that guy. I will be glad to apologize publicly to Sven if he manage to deliver the game, even 1 year and half after my (paid)order, but this it's not possible because  that guy have no respect for his customers.

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »
Quote from: Dr_Procton;836004
I think this is another excuse to delay the angry of his customers. The dragonbox thing is an old one for me. He told me about dragonbox handling a long time ago.
My defender of the crown collection will never arrive (and my money never refunded), sad thing for me (beautiful product). Now I can only advise other people to not deal with that guy. I will be glad to apologize publicly to Sven if he manage to deliver the game, even 1 year and half after my (paid)order, but this it's not possible because  that guy have no respect for his customers.

Some have been delivered no?

Offline number6

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 02:30:24 PM »
Quote from: Daytona675x;835984
@Pgovotsos
@all

Only regarding Wings Remastered Amiga, of course:
Please read my previous statement .

Cheers,
Daniel

and from your link above:
Here's my reply:
I have nothing to do with Defender

I think the people asking about Defender of the Crown would like to know who TO ask, although they appreciate your honesty in stating that you are not the one to ask.

eab posters have similar concerns
No doubt others do as well.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:23:29 PM by number6 »

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
Quote from: Pgovotsos;836002
@Daniel so when we receive Wings, the regular release version, not the dev build,  it will be the final version? That is great news! That email from Sven said that we would be receiving the incomplete version with auto update as updates become available. It's really confusing when the developer and the publisher give different information. Is it possible to ask Sven to send a clarifying email? I really like your information much better :)

And I forgot to say before - people sending death threats, as Sven mentioned, for a game is just ridiculous. Sending death threats for any reason is wrong, but for a GAME? That's stupid.

Death threats are just dumb..BUT I do understand the anger by some and sending an “angry” email in the majority of the cases is just to get a response from the reciever.  Especially if the there has been no contact or updates made on the project.

How difficult is it to post progress update the website to curb the influx of pissed off customers.  I for one would have been relentless and ruthless had I ordered and then been ghosted by the company.  

Either way a very unprofessional way to do business and Fu*k with the loyal Amiga community it’s not like we are a huge bunch.

As much as I want to order and support the best puter ever made, I’ll pass for now.

R.

Offline Franktho

• Show only replies by Franktho
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2018, 10:16:50 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;835943
Just received from Sven (mass emailed):
Curious if anyone has had any further contact since the Feb 9 mass email from Sven/Cinemaware?

The website still allows orders as it did previously.

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2018, 02:11:59 PM »
Quote from: Franktho;836416
Curious if anyone has had any further contact since the Feb 9 mass email from Sven/Cinemaware?

The website still allows orders as it did previously.

You know Cinemaware was sold on after canning Rocket Ranger remastered.
So its just sven, nothing to do with Cinemaware now. He has the company Cinemaware Retro, I believe.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline number6

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »
Quote from: F0LLETT;836487
You know Cinemaware was sold on after canning Rocket Ranger remastered.
So its just sven, nothing to do with Cinemaware now. He has the company Cinemaware Retro, I believe.

So, are you suggesting all of those in the threads on various amiga websites asking about orders concerning failure to deliver on pre-payment for the original Defender of the Crown write to Cinemaware?

Here?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:04:08 PM by number6 »

Offline Rob

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »
@number6

I think Chris just wanted people to be aware that Cinemaware and Cinemaware retro were two separate entities.

Offline number6

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »
@thread

More rather distressing posts and advice:

Source

Offline number6

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2018, 06:28:57 PM »
Quote from: number6;837498
@thread

new appeal for clarification

Excellent.  Think anything will come of it?  I've lost my faith.

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2019, 05:27:51 AM »
guys I reached out to Daniel and he was kind enough to give me the latest update below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wings: it is almost done since months. Beta testing had already been started but then the project fell into hibernation again 😕
What remains to be done is bug fixing (mostly dogfight AI related; some airplane model LODs need extra love; some other minor stuff), the Compositing render path (all the rendering layer had been rewritten during the project, and the Compositing backend has not been fully reimplemented yet) and some details here and there.

Before anybody asks: no, I have not taken or seen or wanted even a single dime of those preorders so far, when the game is done, then and only then I'll request my share.

And no, the game has not been released yet. There exist packages for people who asked for a CD which only contains a dev demo build from about one year ago.

It is preorders so if people dont want to wait longer they can cancel it and get their money back.

It is done when it's done. I and only I will say when. Any news on that from other sources is nonsense.
Sorry that this has become a neverending story but it is as it is.

Unfortunately this is one of those seldom projects for which I have heavily underestimated the workload (yesyes, T57 too but thats a different story, there the "port" became half of a rewrite because of bad original code).

Wings is no port in the sense that you have some rather portable C code.

It is a game written from scratch with only a pile of partially incomplete or broken or faaar too heavy assets and a few js scripts and such as base. Plus an exe and some youtube vids to check out how it should work and look like.
The conversion and downstripping of the hundreds of 3D models took muuuuuuuch more time than I had thought. So did level "conversion" and especially the testing etc (countless maps you all have to check for little issues caused by buggy original data or because you missed subtle details)

If you spend month after month with sth like that, workflow and motivation doesn't become better 😕And other projects are to be done as well.And other projects are to be done as well.Both for a living and for Amiga.
Anyway, on some day it will be done. I won't trash a project that has costed so much sweat and has come so far."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it's 'almost' done but done only when it's done and I for one am very fine with that considering Daniels track record with various successful Amiga projects
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

The following users thanked this post: gunni