Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Do I Get Rid Of That Animation On The Deneb?  (Read 805 times)

Description:

Offline amiga1084Topic starter

• Show only replies by amiga1084
How Do I Get Rid Of That Animation On The Deneb?
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
Hello All,

When I first got the Deneb card (week ago) for my A4000T, I thought that Turrican like animation was great. But after while you get sick off it. If anyone does know how to get rid of it please tell me.

Have A Happy New Year

Thanks in advance,
Merv Stent

Proud Amiga User Since 1987

Offline reflect

• Show only replies by reflect
    • http://www.acggbg.org
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of That Animation On The Deneb?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
If I'm not mistaken it's a similar animation to the one on the Algor/Algor PRO cards. IIRC, there was a section in the manual on how to add/remove files from the flash rom of the card.

That is what you need to do, you need to remove the animation from the flash rom. However, I tell you this from memory, so please don't do anything without checking with the manual first :)
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »
Another posting I read on this subject mentioned uploading an empty config to the flash ROM. I don't have one though, so treat this as dubious at best, or the incoherent ramblings of an incompetent buffoon at worst.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »
Motorollin is right.

Use the flash ROM tool to select only the items you want and then reflash it.  When you run it all the available modules will be listed in the left hand screen and you can select what you want so they appear on the right.  Then reflash and you're done.  Remember selecting an item doesn't add it to whatever is in the flash ROM, the contents of the ROM are wiped and replaced with whatever is in the right hand window.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline platon42

• Show only replies by platon42
    • http://www.platon42.de/
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »

amiga1084 wrote:
Hello All,

When I first got the Deneb card (week ago) for my A4000T, I thought that Turrican like animation was great. But after while you get sick off it. If anyone does know how to get rid of it please tell me.

Happy new year to you, too.

You can get rid of it the same way it says in the Window about the Eric Schwartz animation, by reflashing the flashrom without the intro. Simply load up Luciferin, the software that was included in the Rescue-Image, click on "Upload" and it will be gone.

To put the flashrom to a good use, e.g. for loading up the setpatch romupdates from it to avoid the reboot, or for other nifty stuff like custom kickstart roms, activating Poseidon at boot time (e.g. to use an usb mouse in the boot menu), please read the manual that comes with Luciferin.

Depending on which batch of the Deneb you've got, you might want to upgrade to the latest version of Poseidon and Luciferin first.
--
Regards, Chris Hodges )-> http://www.platon42.de <-(
hackerkey://v4sw7CJS$hw6/7ln6pr7+8AOP$ck0ma8u2LMw1/4Xm5l3i5TJCOTextPad/e7t2BDMNb7GHLen5a34s5IMr1g3/5ACM