Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 1000 to a Good Home  (Read 3241 times)

Description:

Offline BskutTopic starter

• Show only replies by Bskut
Amiga 1000 to a Good Home
« on: July 09, 2019, 09:48:25 PM »
I am reposting something from 2 years ago. To those who responded back then, my apologies for dropping the ball. I am firmly committed to following through at this time. As I mentioned, I still live in Boulder, CO and would prefer to give it to an Amiga lover in the area, but am willing to ship if you are willing to pick up the cost

I just set up my Amiga 1000 which has been languishing in the garage for about 25 years. Sad to say it would not boot. Just click, click, click. The monitor is fine. Also have an external 1010 drive, also kaput. Have all the original disks as well as some other programs (Final Copy II, Deluxe Paint, Deluxe Video, One -on-One, The Music Studio, Video Vegas, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). I have the original Amiga boxes as well. I am in Boulder, CO. If there's an Amiga lover in the area, I'm happy to give it away for free. If there's nobody local, I'd be willing to ship it, if you can pick up the cost. I have one request. I have about 40 floppys that have screenplays, journals, various other things I wrote (mostly using either Textcraft or Final Copy). I'm wondering if it would be possible, as an exchange, to convert those files into something readable on a PC, using either Word or Google docs. I have no idea if it's possible or how time consuming it would be, but if you're interested in that as an exchange let me know. One interesting anecdote about this Amiga. I purchased it in 1986 at a small shop in Grenada Hills, CA. The owner claimed that his shop was the first in CA to receive the Amiga and that I was the first to buy it, so it's possible that this is the first Amiga 1000 ever sold in CA. At least that's how I remember it :).

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Amiga 1000 to a Good Home
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:10:22 AM »
Hello!  I don't have room in my manufactured home in a trailer park for another Amiga but I could try to help you dump your floppies.  I have a working A500 with Kickstart 1.3 that we could try booting up with your disks.

If that doesn't work, try exporting your documents to PDF using my copy of PageStream 4 on my A1200 so I can then use LibreOffice on my Windows machine to convert to its word processor and then upload to Google Docs.  (Obviously that's the long way around.)

I live in Fort Collins, CO so it's about an hour's drive but we can try to set up a time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:12:02 AM by SamuraiCrow »

Offline walkero

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:33:33 PM »
@Bskut
If you are willing to ship it, I would gladly cover the costs for that, if they are reasonable of'course, for shipping it to Dublin, Ireland.
If it comes to me I would be happy to try to save the work you done in these floppies. I am going to send you a PM as well.

Offline blindguy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:22:28 AM »
dupe - not sure how to delete
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:24:24 AM by blindguy »

Offline blindguy

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 05:22:47 AM »
I am reposting something from 2 years ago. To those who responded back then, my apologies for dropping the ball. I am firmly committed to following through at this time. As I mentioned, I still live in Boulder, CO and would prefer to give it to an Amiga lover in the area, but am willing to ship if you are willing to pick up the cost

I just set up my Amiga 1000 which has been languishing in the garage for about 25 years. Sad to say it would not boot. Just click, click, click. The monitor is fine. Also have an external 1010 drive, also kaput. Have all the original disks as well as some other programs (Final Copy II, Deluxe Paint, Deluxe Video, One -on-One, The Music Studio, Video Vegas, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy). I have the original Amiga boxes as well. I am in Boulder, CO. If there's an Amiga lover in the area, I'm happy to give it away for free. If there's nobody local, I'd be willing to ship it, if you can pick up the cost. I have one request. I have about 40 floppys that have screenplays, journals, various other things I wrote (mostly using either Textcraft or Final Copy). I'm wondering if it would be possible, as an exchange, to convert those files into something readable on a PC, using either Word or Google docs. I have no idea if it's possible or how time consuming it would be, but if you're interested in that as an exchange let me know. One interesting anecdote about this Amiga. I purchased it in 1986 at a small shop in Grenada Hills, CA. The owner claimed that his shop was the first in CA to receive the Amiga and that I was the first to buy it, so it's possible that this is the first Amiga 1000 ever sold in CA. At least that's how I remember it :).
Hello, I am a Amiga fan down in Phoenix and I would love to give it a new home.

I would be more than willing to convert the disks to ADF files and then export hem howeever you like or you could then access them via a Windows Amiga emulator.
Let me know, am VERY interested, I have never had a Amiga 1000 and would like to give it a home for the next 10-20 years!
Modify message

Offline beller

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 01:49:04 AM »
I can guarantee that it wasn’t the first Amiga sold.  I got mine in Sacramento in October 1985. The first shipments were delivered to stores in time for Christmas...

Offline Acill

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 10:39:20 PM »
I would love to take it and get it working again. I had to sell off my A1000 and would love a replacement for it. Those that know me know how dedicated to the Amiga community I am. Let me know what you decide. I would of course pay shipping. You can see my info and what I do over at my site www.acill.com
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline nad007007

• Show only replies by nad007007
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »
Hello

Is this Amiga 1000 still available?

Kind Regards

Conrad