Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMIGAKIT.COM.....RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN.......  (Read 8627 times)

Description:

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
Re: AMIGAKIT.COM.....RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN.......
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 28, 2007, 10:53:35 PM »
Ja, I have ordered twice from him and I am just about to order a third time.

Offline ravnen

• Show only replies by ravnen
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 11:03:02 PM »
I have made 7 orders from them over the last 3 months, leaving behind around 900 euros :P

Very happy with the stuff and service!

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 11:39:38 PM »
Second that, uber-fast shipping of a recent order to Australia.  Great stuff.
Ewige Blumenkraft!

Offline baxyp

• Show only replies by baxyp
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 04:34:48 PM »
I must be one of the few then who is not happy with amigakit ...
I ordered a 1200 built-to-order with 4G HDD. First, I did wait almost 2 months to get it, it was somewhat excusable, because christmas was near and all. But when I opened the box there were few things that really pissed me off:  mouse had a broken left button and was missing those pads which keep it sliding, the included 4G HDD went broken after 2hrs (started clicking and did not boot anymore). Plastic blind was missing from back of the computer, a screw was missing from case, floppy drive made horrible screeching noise, because it was not correctly installed and was loose. All screws were missing from D connectors at the back.
I was able to fix most of these things, I bought myself a new HDD and I found an old A500 mouse, but I expected more for that money ...
On the bright side it has nice white case with no yellowing at all, motherboard also seems like new, and works well.

I did not really expect that from them, I have read a lot of positive stuff about amigakit, and I did buy an ADF transfer kit from them once, with no problems at all.
A500+ 2M Chip/4M Fast GVP A500-HD8+ 40M,PC286
A1200 2M Chip/64M Fast, Blizzard 1260@50, 2,5\\" IDE HD 40G

Offline sdyates

• Show only replies by sdyates
    • http://VintageGameSite.com
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
@baxyp

Did you contact them about your issues and did they offer any resolutions?

I too am surprised as you can see from many of my posts, service has been great for me.
1 x A500, Hi-toro 4000 :)
1 iMac OSx, 1 Mac Mini
1 Wintel 03 svr

http://www.RetroGameAndComputer.com
http://www.BassFishing-Gurus.com

Offline amigakit

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 05:04:41 PM »
Sorry to hear of your problems- this is certainly the first time we have been made aware of this issue.  We have not received any contact prior to your post.

PMail sent to you.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline baxyp

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
No, I have not made any contact with them after I got my Amiga. It seemed rather pointless, although I have 6 months guarantee, I am not really willing to send the mouse or my Amiga back to them, I'm quite far away from UK. It is much easier to walk into local shop and buy a new hdd, few screws and fix these things by myself. I'm just too impatient to use it, too :)

Offline sdyates

• Show only replies by sdyates
    • http://VintageGameSite.com
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
Well, is it really fair to talk negatively about them without giving them the chance to respond? I don't want to infer that your post was inflamatory at all, in fact, I think you choose your words well. However, people will read your posts and might get the impression that Amigakit does not support their products.

I am sure we would all be eager to hear how Amigakit and yourself could resolve this issue.

S
1 x A500, Hi-toro 4000 :)
1 iMac OSx, 1 Mac Mini
1 Wintel 03 svr

http://www.RetroGameAndComputer.com
http://www.BassFishing-Gurus.com

Offline baxyp

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »
I should have contacted amigakit first of course, they are actually very supportive as I have now learned. I will get the plastic blind and new mouse, other stuff I have already ok.
As for talking negative: it was my impression when I received the package, it was sent out to me like that. My post did not concern their support in any way, because I simply have not had any previous experience with it. I had in fact already almost forgotten about the whole thing until I saw this praising thread.
But anyway, it seems things turn out ok, so if you have problems, contact them first, do not be so impatient with your new Amiga as me :)

Cheers

Offline Chubbyrain

• Show only replies by Chubbyrain
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
I would buy an A1200 from them, even if the above poster was sent one that was shoddily put together. However, since they don't supply it with a US PSU, I will get one here in the US.

I will use them for my add-ons though.
International Beer Taster

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »
Yes, my wife got me a 68882 FPU for my accelerator for Christmas she was amazed at the great comms from them, the delivery was very fast.

She was well impressed.

Mike.
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline sbeehre

• Show only replies by sbeehre
    • http://www.coarsefishing.co.nz
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »
I've been having a few problems with Amigakit.... i ordered an a1200 MB with 3.1 ROMS and a Cocolino mouse adapter. It was probably my fault initially where i did something wrong during the order process and the order didn't get placed. I contacted Amigakit and they did respond and said the order was now sorted... several weeks later i got a parcel with the cocolino mouse adapter only and no motherboard. I sent another email to Amigakit asking them what the story was but haven't got a reply and that was about a week ago now.

Offline drewz21

• Show only replies by drewz21
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »
VERY satisfied AmigaKit.com user here.  I've spent quite a bit with them without a problem.

Highly recommend them!
Amiga - The fun computer!

Amiga 500 - 3MB, A590, 250MB HD, SupraTurbo28.
Amiga 1200HD - 32MB, 4GB CF-Card, GVP 68030-40Mhz.
Amiga 600HD

Offline AJS

• Show only replies by AJS
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 08:55:26 PM »

sbeehre wrote:
I've been having a few problems with Amigakit.... i ordered an a1200 MB with 3.1 ROMS and a Cocolino mouse adapter. It was probably my fault initially where i did something wrong during the order process and the order didn't get placed. I contacted Amigakit and they did respond and said the order was now sorted... several weeks later i got a parcel with the cocolino mouse adapter only and no motherboard. I sent another email to Amigakit asking them what the story was but haven't got a reply and that was about a week ago now.

Hi sbeehre
You might want to try again just in case, as they had trouble with their Mail server See Here
Too often, we lose sight of life’s simply pleasures. Remember, When someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT it only takes 4 to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother *’##@*&% upside the head .

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 09:06:05 PM »
Don't forget this!
-----------------------

OK you asked so this is now live in the webstore- exclusive discount for Amiga.org members for a limited period.

Use the coupon code: amigaorg when going through checkout to get 10% off the Competition Pro USB Special Edition (Amiga Classix CD Bundle)

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=612

Amiga Classix CD contains 200+ ADFs of many Amiga games

We may extend this to other products if popular?

----------------
AmigaKit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline a1200

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 10:40:33 PM »
I would just like to continue this thread and thank AmigaKit for being such an excellent supplier of all things Amiga.

Looking at my order history, to date I have been supplied by AmigaKit:

Boing Ball mouse mat
20MHz 68882 PLCC FPU
Official Amiga Mouse
25MHz Oscillator
Amiga Tower Floppy Drive
Total Amiga Issue 22
On the Edge (Book)
Indivision Scandoubler/Flicker Fixer
Commodore Mouse mat
A1200 built to order - OS.39 - Blizzard 060 (64MB) - 40GB HDD - Mouse
Total Amiga Issue 23
Total Amiga Issue 24
33MHz 68882 PLCC FPU
260MB 2.5" IDE HDD
2.5" 5CM IDE Cable
Total Amiga Magazine Annual Subscription
Amiga Mouse
Floppy disk Cleaning Kit
28.6363Mhz Crystal Oscillator
33MHz 68882 PLCC FPU
33.330Mhz Crystal Oscillator
Saitek Megagrip IV Joystick

Just over 800GBP worth of gear. Matthew is a gent. Orders would come through as quick as any mainstream market seller. If there is ever a problem, AmigaKit get to work on resolving things. Sometimes things can go wrong, through no fault of the seller (believe me, running godfreys online I know!) but AmigaKit always come through for you (if your request is reasonable!).

Matthew told me he used to work in Retail management, which explains why all the stock is properly labeled with bar codes etc. and your order is processed and notifications at each stage are sent via email.

I can tell you now, sometimes going that extra mile for your customers can cost you, but satisfying them when it is appropriate will ensure a great future for the retailer.

AmigaKit is a great player in the community too, attending shows and contributing to forums to offer solutions works well and I hope there is enough Amigans left to sustain this great entity.

This is one of those rare "happy" threads in the Amiga scene. Let's see more of this...
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1