Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can't install Miami_DX  (Read 1604 times)

Description:

Offline SanDisk78Topic starter

• Show only replies by SanDisk78
Can't install Miami_DX
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:43:36 PM »
 Can't install Miami_DX - I need it for a custom made ethernet card. I have A3000 with 3.1 Workbench. When I click to istaller a window appears "Execute a file / Enter Command Arguments" - I click ok it tells "Install_Miami_Dx" is not an executable file / error code 10. Please help, I'm new to Amiga...

Offline Matt_H

Re: Can't install Miami_DX
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 11:55:41 PM »
Did you download both archives? If so, something went wrong with decompressing them, or your downloads themselves are corrupt -- download the files again.

It sounds like the file Install_MiamiDx.info is missing or corrupt. .info files contain icon image data and other information about how the system should handle the file. If a .info file is not present, the system assumes the file is an executable and brings up the window you described in order for the user to add command-line arguments or simply execute it in place.

But Install_MiamiDx isn't an executable. It's a script intended to be run by the tool called "Installer". Install_MiamiDx.info contains the information that would automatically pass the script on to Installer to run it, so the absence/corruption of that file would result in what you described.

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:43:12 AM »
I thought about this post today and the many turns that AOS can take one. However, I think you're spot on Matt.

Another plausibility might be that the OS wasn't fully installed or there's missing supporting libraries to execute the file.   
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Online AndyFC

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:08:20 AM »
Welcome to the Amiga! Sometimes frustrating but very satisfying.

Have you decompressed the archives or are you just trying to run the file you've downloaded? The most common format is .lha (like .zip files on Windows).
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 03:19:02 AM »
Road Show is 100% the way to go - faster, better, and still supported by the author. It is reasonably priced and works great. No GUI, but once you spend five minutes setting it up, you don't have to mess with it again.

http://roadshow.apc-tcp.de/index-en.php

Offline Kawazu

• Show only replies by Kawazu
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 10:15:27 PM »
Road Show is 100% the way to go - faster, better, and still supported by the author. It is reasonably priced and works great. No GUI, but once you spend five minutes setting it up, you don't have to mess with it again.

http://roadshow.apc-tcp.de/index-en.php

Works for some setup.
Will not work for me with my Prometheus whatever i do.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
"not an executable file" means you have some problem with your installation file.  Try re-downloading it from a trusted source.  And make sure your C:Installer and LHA dearchiver, etc., are working correctly.

I wanted to like Roadshow, but after faffing about with it for way too long I could never get it to work on my config.  MiamiDX it is!  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Rotzloeffel

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
It is reasonably priced and works great. No GUI,

A GUI is available on Aminet:) http://aminet.net/package/comm/net/Roadie
Save Planet Earth! It is the only one in the galaxy with fresh and cold beer :laughing: