Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10496 times)

Description:

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
apple great desing
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:43:26 AM »
Sorry this is not amiga related or computer related... but at this ages of apple saying that others copied their products, apple show a ipod with dessing too similar to a Nokia Lumia and no one will say that apple copy, just because they are apple, so sad.
a1200 060

Offline amiman99

Re: apple great design
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
They do look the same, maybe Nokia can sue Apple now?

That's why design patents should not be granted, just look at the flat screen TVs, they ALL look the same.

Few years back I saw 2005 KIA Sorento SUV, then one day I saw exactly same car with Mercedes logo and it was the M Class. Both look exactly the same.
A500 KS 2.1, 1MB Chip, 68000
A600 KS 3.1, 2MB Chip, ACA630 32MB RAM
A1000 KS 1.3, 8MB RAM
A1200 KS 3.1, Blizzard IV 50MHz 64MB RAM
A2000 KS 2.1, 68030 25MHz, 6MB RAM
A3000 KS 3.1, 68030 25MHz, 16MB RAM
A4000 KS 3.0, 68040 25MHz, 16MB RAM
CDTV KS 3.1, 4MB RAM
CD32
(AROS BOX) Dead :(

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »
First of all i am going to state i am anti Apple and pro Samsung. In fact seeing my Blackberry is about to giveup on me i am thinking about getting the new Galaxy s3 next week. Maybe.

But i am going to defend Apple in that Samsung did copy Apple and are right to take action against them. The green phone icon through to the pinching for zoom in/out is out right theft. Samsung deserve to be sued. They should be innovative and do something original.

Pyromania is a poo poo face.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41:21 AM »
You forgot to do your homework and see who Nokia nicked the design from in the first place.

Offline Linde

• Show only replies by Linde
    • http://hata.zor.org/
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;708182
First of all i am going to state i am anti Apple and pro Samsung. In fact seeing my Blackberry is about to giveup on me i am thinking about getting the new Galaxy s3 next week. Maybe.

But i am going to defend Apple in that Samsung did copy Apple and are right to take action against them. The green phone icon through to the pinching for zoom in/out is out right theft. Samsung deserve to be sued. They should be innovative and do something original.

Yeah, while the iPhone is COMPLETELY ORIGINAL and made up out of the blue by designers who were raised in a closed-off environment not to get any impressions from the world around them.

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »
So funny teasing Apple...  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZwFgqwzFDU

"IFhone Cincooooo"

"Bullsh**! It's the same phone as before"

"Not true,it's got a new power cord"

"We switched the dock up arbitrarily, so I hope you like buyin' new accessories"

"Plus the screen's two millimiters taller, that's gotta be worth at least 400 dollars!"

"I have a turtleneck for you!"

:D

Offline Duce

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;708182

Anyone that took 5 minutes to read the Apple vs. Samsung case file will tell you outright that Samsung bold faced ripped Apple off with their first Android phones.  They were dead knockoffs, admittedly so by upper management at Samsung.  Things have changed drastically since those days, and Samsung are now building very nice, distinct phones.  I am curious if anything will come from the LTE patents that Samsung holds in regards to Apple in the near future, though.  All in all, about all these lawsuits do is stifle innovation and piss the consumers off, it's essentially mutually assured destruction.

That being said, I switched to a Galaxy S3 from my iPhone 2 months ago and I really like the thing.  My only gripe is the crapware on it I can't get rid of - I really prefer the vanilla Android experience, and the third party ROM's for the S3 to get a vanilla ICS install aren't quite up to snuff yet.

I still do prefer the Apple marketplace, though.  I dislike using credit cards for app purchases, and Google Play store gift cards are not available in my country yet, where as iTunes cards can be bought at any gas station/convenience store around.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
I am not anti-apple nor am I a fanboi but I do like some apple products. Namely the iPod classic. but I have to agree that its a bit dodgy that apple can botch about people using their designs yet can seem to get away with using a similar design to another company.  But people will buy their products regardless.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
I like eggs. Even the famous iPod was an idea nick:
1.  LCD Display MP3 Player
2.  Circular Jog Shuttle controls.
Diamond Rio 1998. Granted not very elegant.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:43:17 PM by gertsy »

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:57 PM »
It's ok when apple steals. Just ask xerox. The galaxy s3 is awesome I have one with the mhl adapter, Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, connected to a 42" LCD tv. Great for movies and games. You can pair wii controllers and ps3 controllers although I have not tired that. Android has a great range of reto emulators. The Amiga emu is lacking and needs more development.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;708218
I like eggs. Even the famous iPod was an idea nick:
1.  LCD Display MP3 Player
2.  Circular Jog Shuttle controls.
Diamond Rio 1998. Granted not very elegant.

I actually have one of these. I bought one when i was 15 i believe. They came with 32MB and upgradable to 64MB for about an extra $250. Dodgy software though.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 12:07:59 AM »
Quote from: Crom00;708220
It's ok when apple steals. Just ask xerox.

Glad somebody mentioned that.
Apple designers are SO original.
Get off it.
This is the company that sued the Beatles (even though the Beatles logo predated the start of their company).

Apple's intent is about market control, not competition or intellectual property rights.
In this regard they should be seriously chastisied.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Duce

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
Apple Corps (The Beatles label) sued Apple Computers, Apple Computers did not sue The Beatles/Apple Corps.  First suit was in 1978.  Apple Corps sued Apple Computers several times over the years, with one or two settlements in there from Apple Computers.

Apple can be chastised and berated for a lot of things, but the statements above simply aren't factual, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:22:01 AM by Duce »

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
Almost everything in my house is Samsung, laptop,TV to microwave, but when it comes to tablets they are rip off merchants and I hope Apple prevails.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 03:48:48 AM »
Quote from: Duce;708283
Apple Corps (The Beatles label) sued Apple Computers, Apple Computers did not sue The Beatles/Apple Corps. First suit was in 1978. Apple Corps sued Apple Computers several times over the years, with one or two settlements in there from Apple Computers.

Apple can be chastised and berated for a lot of things, but the statements above simply aren't factual, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

I stand quite corrected. Thank you (great use of reference material - btw).

As to tablet design (not phones), many elements go back (once again) to PARC designs which could not be relized at the times.

Apple strip mines other company's ideas.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"