Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology  (Read 10521 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;798198
You have to remember we attended many shows around the world and have met many developers prior to this face to face discussing many details.

For example, I met Acill personally at Amiwest and after talking with him would be happy to work with him on projects.

the number of active developers in the community is pretty limited. Why not simply contacting them and offering them specific tasks?

Offline broadblues

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;798200
Thomas Richter has told that... he is not allowed to do anything on Aros 68k because of signed contract

I think he stated in the forums here that he *prefers* not to work on AROS so as to avoid risk on contamination, maybe I misread that though, but that has nothing todo withe the current request for developers by A-Eon.

The only limits in the NDA I signed were on usage and sharing of company confidential info  and their copyrighted software.

Offline kamelito

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
the content of the NDA should be public if not well how can a developer knows if he want to go further or not?
So it should be included in their site except if there is a NDA about the NDA...

Kamelito

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;798200
Thomas Richter has told that... he is not allowed to do anything on Aros 68k because of signed contract

Is that contract with A-Eon or with Hyperion? Is he working on applications or on AmigaOS itself? There could be differences in his situation vs this thing from A-Eon now.
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
Quote from: billt;798204
Is that contract with A-Eon or with Hyperion? Is he working on applications or on AmigaOS itself? There could be differences in his situation vs this thing from A-Eon now.

perhaps I have only some mistrust there... but I am not their goal group anyway

As I wrote... the active devs left are known. They could simply contact them directly, offer them vacant jobs and conditions (what to sign, payment and so on) and then someone will take a job or not

Offline olsen

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;798158
This wiki is about AmigaOS 4.x so a 3.x one is needed, maybe they should ask for the right to put the developer cd 2.1 online.

Kamelito
No, the developer documentation (http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/DeveloperDoc:Main) covers everything there has ever been.

The text is based upon the 3rd edition RKM manuscripts which yours truly converted to LaTeX2e format more than ten years ago. The illustrations were coverted from the original files, and re-created where these were missing. Everything was reworked and revised by Steven Solie and numerous developers over the years.

It is basically a much nicer version of the RKM text which is found on the Amiga Developer CD 2.1, which was converted from the AmigaGuide version of the 1992 RKM text.

Some "bug fixes" are included in this developer documentation, too. Which reminds me that I never got around to fix the "audio.device" documention. The text consistently gets the stereo channel allocation bit definitions wrong.

Offline Andre.Siegel

• Show only replies by Andre.Siegel
    • http://www.power2people.org
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 01:21:53 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;798205
As I wrote... the active devs left are known. They could simply contact them directly, offer them vacant jobs and conditions (what to sign, payment and so on) and then someone will take a job or not

What makes you think there are no developers who are presently inactive, yet might be enticed to get involved again given some modest incentives? It surely does not hurt to try.

That said, I would agree that the announcement does lack details. Personally, I find it to be too vague.

Offline fondpondforever

• Show only replies by fondpondforever
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »
Wow, what an opportunity. I would love to create new Amiga Games like James Pond 4, Zool 3 and Superfrog 2. Would need to acquire the licenses so that it's not copyright. Would also be amazing to make Crystal Caves 4 in 2D or 3D. I could be a Game Designer employed by A-Eon. That would be my dream come true, made in existing/new Amiga Software for Amiga Computer's/Consoles (Well the CD32 if you know what I mean). I'm interested. :p
Hop, Crackle, Blast Off into Spino Space!

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »
Quote from: kamelito;798203
the content of the NDA should be public if not well how can a developer knows if he want to go further or not?
So it should be included in their site except if there is a NDA about the NDA...

Kamelito

Typically an interested party would contact the vendor, they would discuss specifics, and if there is still interest the vendor would forward a copy of the NDA for review.

Offline dschallock

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the nature of conversation and feedback on forums is (to some extent) to pick apart everything that is said by a company and find some fault or suspicion.  This is after all a world full of opinions and all should be welcome.

Having said that...

I want to reiterate that what Aeon and Trevor and AmigaKit are doing for the Amiga is nothing short of a miracle and I for one (of many) are *very* grateful.

We (The Amiga folks who have been around since Commodore was active), all lived through the terrible roller coaster ride.  The false promises.  The hopes and waiting only to be disappointed time and time again.  All of us had to move on (in some sense) to other modern platforms, or to put our time and energy into some of the other wonderful ideas (MorphOS and AROS to name 2).  No one is bashing anyone for making something wonderful like those are.  

But lets not bash on Aeon and Amigakit for really and honestly pushing Amiga into the future with OS 4.  They are doing so in a strategic way that most would have thought impossible.  But their honest passion and enthusiasm and (lets not forget) folks like Trevor fronting the capitol to take a shot at this to make it possible.  Most of us have the struggle of deciding if we are going to support Amigakit with the latest card for our classic machine, or if we should fork out the money for a new OS4 machine but those financial risks pale in comparison to the financial risks Trevor, Aeon, and Amigakit have taken because they believe in the Amiga.  Heck, they are even trying to continue support for OS3 through apps.  Who else in the world would take the risks they have been taking for the Amiga?  Who else in the world would put the time and energy into the Amiga with the honest intention of trying to make it a viable platform again?  What these folks have undertaken may be later in the game then we could of hoped for, and there is *always* room for improvement.  Anyone can criticize how they could have done this better or that better, and I'm not saying we shouldn't bring constructive criticism to the table (bring it), but let us please give proper respect where respect is due.

These guys have given a spark of hope and happiness I didn't think I would have again.  I am honestly going to try and afford an Amiga one x5000 because their passion is contagious and I want to be part of it!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:36:05 PM by eliyahu »

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;798212
I want to reiterate that what Aeon and Trevor and AmigaKit are doing for the Amiga is nothing short of a miracle and I for one (of many) are *very* grateful.

+1.  If I could even remotely justify purchase of something like an X5000, I would.  ;)  In the meantime I've supported just about every Amiga-related Kickstarter to come out in the past few years, and would love to purchase more hardware & software for my classic systems.  Still have a bunch of stuff in my "cart" on AmigaKit, just waiting to pull the trigger on it all for when that Prisma Megamix audio card becomes available.  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline alphadec

• Show only replies by alphadec
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 05:28:28 PM »
If A-eon wants to support 68k amiga, why dont they produce some new hardware (computers). ?
Amiga 4Ever

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Quote from: alphadec;798215
If A-eon wants to support 68k amiga, why dont they produce some new hardware (computers). ?

They are going to manufacture sound cards.
And maybe they don't want to undercut their OS4 market.

Further, if Jens has most of the supplies of OEM chips, CLPD or FPGA based parts would have to be substituted (not that that couldn't offer some room for improvement.

Finally, A-cube announced a new version of the MiniMig awhile ago, and while that has still not surfaced, does A-eon want to tread on Acube's market?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline kamelito

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »
@Olsen

it means then that the intro is misleading "Introduction
The AmigaOS Documentation Wiki provides the latest information on how to program systems running AmigaOS 4.x."

Kamelito

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
Aeonkit has already sunk money into Prisma, x1/5000, plus aquired several software titles.

I would love to have a Clockport expander for my A1200 for example, so I can see that point.

But, Aeonkit cant take on too much. Start too many projects, and you run out of money, or just cant get stuff done.
I guess the call for developers is to rectify the workload issue.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #44 from previous page: October 27, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
Quote from: olsen;798206
No, the developer documentation (http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/DeveloperDoc:Main) covers everything there has ever been.

The text is based upon the 3rd edition RKM manuscripts which yours truly converted to LaTeX2e format more than ten years ago. The illustrations were coverted from the original files, and re-created where these were missing. Everything was reworked and revised by Steven Solie and numerous developers over the years.

It is basically a much nicer version of the RKM text which is found on the Amiga Developer CD 2.1, which was converted from the AmigaGuide version of the 1992 RKM text.

Some "bug fixes" are included in this developer documentation, too. Which reminds me that I never got around to fix the "audio.device" documention. The text consistently gets the stereo channel allocation bit definitions wrong.

Any chance of a new set of RKM's being published? Even a print on demand edition from somewhere like lulu,com would be nice.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini