Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visiting Amigakit  (Read 10257 times)

Description:

Offline DarrinTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Visiting Amigakit
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 02, 2011, 12:31:02 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;669823
It wasnt aimed at anyone mate let alone you my good friend. ;) just eats me up a little inside. Anyway just checked the status of my package and it's been sorted at the delivery agents main sorting site. WOOO IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!!

Thanks.  I only made the original comment because I went shopping that day and this morning and the shopkeepers all said that the day of the strike was their busiest all year and today's was crap again.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »
lol. I had just got back from Germany when the strikes were on. No issues getting through though which was a bonus.

Offline DarrinTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 12:40:02 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;669825
lol. I had just got back from Germany when the strikes were on. No issues getting through though which was a bonus.

British customs always seems to be non-existant.  I arrived week last Friday and apart from a friendly "hello" when I showed my passport, the customs area of Heathrow didn't seem to have anyone working in it and it was the same last April.

When I fly back to Houston I'll be lucky if they don't give me an anal probe!
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;669828
British customs always seems to be non-existant.  I arrived week last Friday and apart from a friendly "hello" when I showed my passport, the customs area of Heathrow didn't seem to have anyone working in it and it was the same last April.

They said hello?  You're lucky...they must have really liked you!

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 12:51:44 AM »
@Darrin

In Europe you must be very unlucky to be stopped at customs. They do monitor people though and if you act suspiciously you will be called in.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:02 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;669818
They had some things that were under a NDA so I didn't ask to take any snaps in case I cought something I shouldn't...

:)  I always ask Matthew's permission before I take photos of the place.

Anyways, here's my report (the latter half of the article) of AmigaKit from 2008.

http://www.commodore.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1356

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;669763
 Now piss off and go and play with some semtex.

Any particular reason for insulting the entire population of N.Ireland with that remark?

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »
Yes I do support Amigakit

With my latest order due to be dispatched shortly I added

3*x 4GB CF IDE HARD DISK for A4000

and

1*x 4GB CF IDE HARD DISK for A1200 for good measure

simply for good measure, not sure when I'll actually install them... one day though, keeps the business ticking over in a little way...

and an X1000 Darren? How extraordinary :-)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x

Offline slayer

• Show only replies by slayer
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
I support Amigakit yes

With my latest order due to be dispatched shortly I added

3 x 4GB CF IDE HARD DISK for A4000 and
1 x 4GB CF IDE HARD DISK for A1200 for good measure

not sure when I'll actually utilise them, one day perhaps, keeps the business ticking over in a little way

and an X1000 Darren? How extraordinary :)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in \'Lord of the Rings\'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
just received my delivery from them. Must send them a mail to say how happy I am with the stuff. :D

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;669820
It was some old project by a now dead company.  They just happened to stumble across one or two.

Before the days of WinUAE, it would have been a great bit of hardware to stick in a PC's 5.25" bay (especially using something like Siamese).  Today it would make a great mobo to use with a DIY Amiga laptop project.

I remember being on their mailing list since I was _very_ interested in getting one. It went quiet for a while then they announced that they had cancelled the project. This would have been close to 15 years ago if I remember rightly. I was very bummed about it being cancelled.

I had completely forgotten about the project until seeing it mentioned here.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;669750
Strikes? You mean the "Public sector's extra day off to go Christmas shopping?" :D

Didn't see a thing although the tunnel was closed.

Wish I knew you were there, we could have met up for a drink as I went to the pub next to the Cardiff Stadium for a late lunch after my visit.

I'm going to the Wales v Australia and Cardiff v Birmingham matches on the weekend too. Are you attending either?

I could have got free tickets to the egg chasing through work, as we sposnor the welsh team.  But its my teams xmas pi55up this afternoon/evening and figured I wouldnt  be in any fit state to do anyhting tomoz.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
Going back to Jeremy Clarkson's comments once again and the strikes again, this is purely my opinion of course, but the following group of workers in the public sector are ALL overpaid from what I see.

* Teachers, great pay, great pension, great hours, nice long holiday in the summer - DESERVE PAYCUTS, long overdue
* Nurses and Doctors, great pay, long hours, no holidays - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Police - great pay, great pension, long unsocial working hours at times, unless your a pen pusher, holidays like the rest of us - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Fireman - great pay, great pension, they hardly do any real work sat all day in the station, DESERVE PAYCUTS more then all the above
* Politicians - great pay, great benefits and allowances, great pension, they hardly do any real work, they have a massive summer holiday - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT
* Higher tiers of council, management positions - great pay, job for life, great benefits, possibily pension plans, mostly paper work/bureaucracy, holidays - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT

In short vast swathes of the public sector need reforming to bring salaries in-line with the private sector.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:09:19 PM by djrikki »

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;669828

That's a quaint way to say hello.  But I guess it is Texas....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Tension

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »
Quote from: djrikki;669880
Going back to Jeremy Clarkson's comments once again and the strikes again, this is purely my opinion of course, but the following group of workers in the public sector are ALL overpaid from what I see.

* Teachers, great pay, great pension, great hours, nice long holiday in the summer - DESERVE PAYCUTS, long overdue
* Nurses and Doctors, great pay, long hours, no holidays - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Police - great pay, great pension, long unsocial working hours at times, unless your a pen pusher, holidays like the rest of us - LESS DESERVING OF A PAYCUT
* Fireman - great pay, great pension, they hardly do any real work sat all day in the station, DESERVE PAYCUTS more then all the above
* Politicians - great pay, great benefits and allowances, great pension, they hardly do any real work, they have a massive summer holiday - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT
* Higher tiers of council, management positions - great pay, job for life, great benefits, possibily pension plans, mostly paper work/bureaucracy, holidays - DESERVE A BIG PAYCUT

In short vast swathes of the public sector need reforming to bring salaries in-line with the private sector.

Let's step outside (to teh coffeehouse)

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;669821
That link goes back to the main menu.

Yeah, the Amiga Hardware site uses frames which makes it terribly difficult to bookmark or share links. Old school ;)

Great report, good to hear they're doing well! I've only ever bought smaller stuff from them, but have always had a good experience in my dealings with them...
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com