Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE and autofire  (Read 2690 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by mikeymike
WinUAE and autofire
« on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I would very much like to play Turrican 2 again, however it would be very tedious to play without autofire, yet you need to be able to disable autofire on a regular enough basis that going into the WinUAE menu during gameplay would be tedious.

Is it possible to set a button on my joypad to purely toggle autofire and keep the main fire button as... the fire button? :)  The 'toggle autofire' option uses the fire button to decide when to start auto-firing or not.  On an Amiga gamepad one would use a switch to disable autofire when necessary.

Offline Joe Cool

• Show only replies by Joe Cool
Re: WinUAE and autofire
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »
The thread is kind of old, but this may be still be of interest to some... I had the same problem, but after fiddling around in the settings I eventually managed to come up with a solution (under WinUAE 3.2.2):

In the configuration of my Joypad under Host->Input I set Button 1 to "Joy2 Fire/Mouse2 Left Button" with autofire/toggle, and additionally Button 4 to "Joy 2 Fire/Mouse2 Left Button" without autofire (see attached picture). Thus I can use autofire by keeping Button 1 pressed and deactivate it by releasing the button. Moreover I can also use the surround flash by keeping Button 4 pressed. No need to go into WinUAE's menu during the game.