Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS: Ordered This Selling This  (Read 3515 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: AROS: Ordered This Selling This
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 21, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
Setting up the work partition did the trick.

Now to find PrBOOM Plus for this thing... ;)

In the mean time, I will say that this laptop is running AROS better than I've seen it run before, though it still is not good with multi-tasking which leads to a system freeze time and time again. Also I noticed when I am moving something like a Gb of movies from a USB drive to the Hard Drive then start opening windows and dragging them, that they leave trails like I'm tripping on Acid. Fun fun. :/

Quake runs choppy in software mode. Can't get it to full screen yet, but if I stretch out the window that is when problems really begin to appear.

I tried to emulate the latest Alien Fish finger from within the emulated Work Bench environment, but for what ever reason it would not pick up on my joystick even though I have had no issues when trying to load ADF images into emulation.

I did get the wireless to see my router, now I'm about to goto the local library and test it on the internet there.

Lots of games do not detect my USB joystick including Giana Sisters which plays just fine on MorphOS with the same joystick.

Oh and btw, ScummVM on the latest IcarOS is WAY out of date, had to up date that.

Will report more in time. Thankx for all the help.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: AROS: Ordered This Selling This
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:16:45 PM »
Well it connected to the Internet just fine, but...

Facebook crashed the whole system. Woohoo. :/
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs