Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AfaOS - CStormPPC - CVisionPPC problem  (Read 1837 times)

Description:

Offline AncalimonTopic starter

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
AfaOS - CStormPPC - CVisionPPC problem
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »
I tried installing Amikit8 (the regular PC WinUAE version) on a partition on my Amiga hdd.

After deleting the UAE monitor file and copying the CVisionPPC monitor file toger with cgx4 libraries, it runs.  It was slow so I wanted to use afaos prefs to disable antialiased fonts. It freezes the Amiga.

The problem is that it's not stable. Running most of the programs or sometimes choosing something within a program causes a freeze.

Even CygnusED causes freeze when I run it after booting without Startup-Sequence. The only way to make Amikit run normally is to disable AfaOS from Startup-Sequence.  I guess at least one of the modules of afaos has problems with my configuration.

I also tried commenting loadmodule lines out and made a single line of blizkick to load everything (including morelibspace_module as the last module) together.

Is there some kind of incompatibility between CStormPPC and afaos?
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4

Offline lionstorm

Re: AfaOS - CStormPPC - CVisionPPC problem
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:58 PM »
why not using the realAmiKit distro instead ?

Offline AncalimonTopic starter

• Show only replies by Ancalimon
    • http://www.myspace.com/orhunmusic
Re: AfaOS - CStormPPC - CVisionPPC problem
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 05:45:34 AM »
Quote from: lionstorm;779515
why not using the realAmiKit distro instead ?

I had problems configuring it for my setup. It's suitable for AGA.

Amikit8 on the other hand worked right out of the box after copying Cybergraphx libraries and monitor.

The only problem is afaos (it locks up and I have to disable it) and amistart (taskbar is corrupted, sometimes icons don't load)
A4000T, 604e@400&060@66, 128MB+16MB+Zorram256, CVisionPPC, VLabMotion, Toccata, XSurf100&RapidRoad, Prisma Megamix

A1200, Blizzard060@50, 256MB, Blizzard IV SCSI, FastATA mk4