Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Atx Psu mounting guide in a post  (Read 12301 times)

Description:

Offline RetrofanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Retrofan
Re: Atx Psu mounting guide in a post
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 22, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
I've done also another version with the same psu (another I bought). This delivers 5,20v without anything connected, and exactly 5,00v with the miggy running:

I prefer the other design, but I had an A500 case with the top broken, and it doesn't look bad.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:51:14 PM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
som99 you've done a great work too. I like it (Off topic... what has hapenned with the smilies here in A-Org?). Pfff...
And you are using a pico psu in the second... nice. I use it to power on my mini-ITX C64, with which I'm posting now.

I did those cuts you talk in my first A500 psu mod. And why hotglue the fan? Because I can't screw it (in the first design) if I don't make holes in the case.
paul1981 I don't have more room in the case for the fan in the first design. In the latest, as you see there is more airflow.... But I tell you it isn't necessary in the first, it runs extremely cold ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:58:13 PM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Retrofan;705042
som99 you've done a great work too. I like it (Off topic... what has hapenned with the smilies here in A-Org?). Pfff...
And you are using a pico psu in the second... nice. I use it to power on my mini-ITX C64, with which I'm posting now.

I did those cuts you talk in my first A500 psu mod. And why hotglue the fan? Because I can't screw it (in the first design) if I don't make holes in the case.
paul1981 I don't have more room in the case for the fan in the first design. In the latest, as you see there is more airflow.... But I tell you it isn't necessary in the first, it runs extremely cold ;)

Thank you, great to see that others also prefer to use the Amiga power brick instead of internal pico-PSU! Oh do my PSU look like an Pico PSU? It's an small form factor FSP PSU used in micro-ATX chassi's but it's small and nice, im getting another in the mail any day now, since I got them for a good price i decided to order a new one for future use :D
I can't wait to see your mini-ITX C64!

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
Ah, ok I thought it was a pico psu for the connector... yes, I know the Atx psus all have also that connector... just my idea because I retained it in mine, like you've done.

You don't have to wait to see it http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=58992