Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MUIRexx Install Help  (Read 1201 times)

Description:

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
MUIRexx Install Help
« on: May 04, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
Hi all,

I recently, got back into really going into the ins and outs with the amiga. I was just using it to play games, etc... But getting back into it to do more productive stuff (terms, listening to mods, etc...) Anyway, one of the programs I wanted to use requires MUIRexx. I saw it up on Aminet and the version is 3.0a, I believe. Anyway, I am having a heck of a time trying to install it. It came with an installer. I run the installer using MUIRexx_Install and it errors out.
Error on line 34: Command optional. Missing arguments.

Doesn't matter if I do novice or export. Still states that error.

Just wondering if others ran into this or something I could be missing?

Also, I am using it on an Amiga 1200 with 3.1.4. It has a fresh install of Workbench 3.1.4 with the upgrade to 3.1.4.1.

Any help would be appropriated since it appears there are other programs I will like to use that seems to require MUIRexx as well.

Offline lionstorm

Re: MUIRexx Install Help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
did you check the FAQ from WB3.1.4 ?

maybe contacting the RxMUI author might help : http://alfie.altervista.org/soft/index.html

Offline nbache

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:32:14 PM »
@lionstorm:

RxMUI is not MUIRexx.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline mistermskTopic starter

• Show only replies by mistermsk
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 10:38:27 PM »
Wanted to follow-up on this. I had an issue installing MX1000 mouse driver. They stated (on a different forum) that it is my Installer program in C. They told me to look in System and copy the install from their into C. I backed the one in C and copied the Installer program from System over to C. After that MX1000 mouse driver worked and it appears that fixed the issue with me installing MUIRexx worked as well.

Offline nbache

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 11:34:10 PM »
Careful:

Install and Installer are two quite different programs.

Install (which lives in C:) is a command to make a (floppy) disk bootable.

Installer (which lives in SYS:System) is the interpreter of Installer scripts, used to install various applications.

Normally, SYS:System should simply be part of the command path. If it isn't, add the following line to your S:User-Startup:

Path SYS:System ADD

Best regards,

Niels