Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Partition sizes  (Read 1380 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaFreakTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaFreak
Partition sizes
« on: December 14, 2013, 06:08:06 AM »
Guys,

I have a 1 TB external USB hard drive that I was trying to use on my eMac (MorphOS). However it would not let me create one partition for the entire drive (could not create a partition that large, apparently.) I've decided to setup an old PC I have as an AROS machine, specifically ICAROS. Has anyone, or does anyone know if I can create one single partition in AROS that is 1 TB in size?
-- Joshua E. Horn

"Um... I think my computer let out the blue smoke! What should I do?!?!?"

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Partition sizes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »
Out of curiosity, what would you do with a 1TB partition? I have partitions larger than that on my media center (for movies), and on some of my servers at work, but on an Amiga-based platform? You could probably load all the software ever written and still be looking at close to 99% free, LOL. ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »
What filesystem you were planning to use with it? Remember that Amiga compatible filesystems have certain limitations: http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online.de/filesyslimits.html

Mike: maybe he wants to have and watch movies on that computer.
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline ncafferkey

• Show only replies by ncafferkey
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
The short answer is no. The maximum partition size for AROS is currently ~127GB.