Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Letter to Amiga inc re: hardware  (Read 2564 times)

Description:

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Letter to Amiga inc re: hardware
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 29, 2008, 01:40:28 AM »

Argo wrote:
What all is going on with the lawsuit? I don't recall reading anything about it for some time now.

They've been forced into court-appointed mediation.

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 02:51:14 AM »
@ achtung_bab: you know if it's modern cpu chips in that deal or just 6500-based junk and such?

Note: the people commenting that article seems to be oblivius of the fact that Motorolas core buissness is not mobile phones but the G3-G5 line and the military/security buissness contracts it brings as the (only?) high-performance cpu with an encrypted bus.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:13 AM »

JetRacer wrote:
@ achtung_bab: you know if it's modern cpu chips in that deal or just 6500-based junk and such?
no sure buddy just read the news story, am no expert on there biz , is intresting though u forget other companys get mis managed too , l know been alot talk about commodore and what happend to them, l wonder why the orginal engineers that designed the amiga or dave hynie how come he didnt push for somone to put out the triple a chipset.

Note: the people commenting that article seems to be oblivius of the fact that Motorolas core buissness is not mobile phones but the G3-G5 line and the military/security

l thought ibm went it alone with the psx3 cell processor or is this motorola design l forget, l know ibm motrorla partership ended years ago.

even steve jobs and mac left the ppc fold l read where there no good for desktop use . there must be reason mac went intel.

:-)
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

ChuckT

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 11:06:16 PM »
I have an idea.  Everyone should register on Amiga's website as a developer and if they ask for company name, put "Amiga.org".  In other words, stand and be counted and let them know that there are people willing to buy a new Amiga.  Let them see us in numbers.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »

ChuckT wrote:
I have an idea.  Everyone should register on Amiga's website as a developer and if they ask for company name, put "Amiga.org".  In other words, stand and be counted and let them know that there are people willing to buy a new Amiga.  Let them see us in numbers.

I don't want to shoot you down, but any dealings with Amiga Inc is a waste of time. full stop.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 11:48:20 PM »

SamuraiCrow wrote:

Argo wrote:
What all is going on with the lawsuit? I don't recall reading anything about it for some time now.

They've been forced into court-appointed mediation.

Were they not in mediation before all the sueing?

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:02:27 AM »
Guru mediation?

Sorry! :-)

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 02:49:32 AM »
As much as I hate to rain on the parade of any Amiga enthusiast at this late stage of the game, there is very little if any interest from Amiga Inc in seeing a desktop version of what we would consider "an Amiga".  Hardware or otherwise

IMHO, what we've seen towards 4.0 and the whole Hyperion fiasco (and ensuing lawsuit stupidity) has been solely put forward by AI because;

1) They wanted to be able to say they had a "vibrant community"

2) We literally rebelled against their PDA games scheme (aka Amiga Anywhere) in DEMAND for a desktop platform.

3) Now that the Hyperion fight is on, for Amiga Inc it's more a matter of defending the trademarks than getting anything viable out of it (other than what they paid Hyperion for initially).

On the other hand, we as a "community" have proven to be somewhat of a very strong burden to Amiga Inc wherein the "armchair lawyer society" (ala the moobunny crowd) and "calling up Snoqualmie city leadership to tell them how stupid they are to be involved with Amiga Inc" kinda way.

It's not as though they haven't earned every bit of our skepticism and ire (ahem... $50 t-shirt scams, 8 years of broken promises, etc) but at this point, Amiga Inc seems to be about as relevant the 100,000 FEMA trailers sitting and rotting in various spots around the USA.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread.  Just pointing out what I see from my perspective.

Wayne

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 03:18:58 AM »
@ Wayne: well, if the current trend in the community continue (with certain nice projects) then we won't have to depend on overpriced stuff sold by wannabe-corporations propelled by lawyers in squirrel wheels.

Let them slugg it out 'til bankruptsy and maybe we can just steal everything when they lack the doe to do anything about it. So in essence: the more reason you see to complain about the situation, the closer AInc comes to it's own death and a subsequent free-for-all.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline Terse

• Show only replies by Terse
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 04:04:57 AM »

monami wrote:
i think they were long ago took over by a nameless (cough.)big os corp who don't want to see them up again.
nope. i won't be selling my amigas. or anything i need amiga wise. and will look for success in elbox or any hobby offerings...

Yes. But why did GeoWorks Ensemble take them over?

Just joking.  I knew you meant really big compared to Amiga.  So the question remains, why did BeOS take them over?

ChuckT

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 12:54:32 PM »
This is your only chance to drive Amiga Inc. to envy.

Issaquah, Wash. - August 28, 2007 – Amiga, a global presence in gaming software and multi-media platform development, announced today that Fran Dramis, former Chief Information, Ecommerce, and Security Officer for BellSouth, has joined the Amiga advisory board. Mr. Dramis will play an integral part in shaping the company’s application and hardware development strategies as the company expands its technology to multimedia applications and operating system enhancement.

People's intentions can be found in what they say.  Amiga's intentions is to use chips in mobile phones because it would make it a powerful cell phone.  Do you see anyone on the board that would make Amiga a powerful computer?  In order to insure there is a future of Amiga, you have to drive them to envy.  After the lawsuit is over, they are going to lick their scrapes and decide whether it is worth building computers because it is hard to compete with Microsoft and Intel since practically all the other computer manufacturers gave up.

Get on the developer list and be counted.

bloodline wrote:

ChuckT wrote:

I don't want to shoot you down, but any dealings with Amiga Inc is a waste of time. full stop.

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »
get on the aros developer list and do something that is worth anything nowadays. help develop aros or apps for aros or help with docs etc.

let amd, via, intel and various others spend billions developing our hardware for us.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)