Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mega lo Mania  (Read 4909 times)

Description:

Offline Xamiche

Re: Mega lo Mania
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 18, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

bloodline wrote:

spirantho wrote:
Doesn't Mega-lo-Mania have a time-control function though?  I seem to recall you spent a lot of time on max-speed while you made weapons etc., and the engine slowed down when you were attacked - hopefully!

How would you put this into a multiplayer version?

I never ran it at any other speed than full speed... there was never any need to use the slow function at all...

I used the speed-up/slow-down function all the time. I tend to check, re-check, double-check and check again for good measure, all of my research and resource allocations. Without the ability to slow down, I'd never have reached the end of the game.

But if it were multi-player, both players would have the same advantages and disadvantages, so it wouldn't really need a time dilation function I think.
A500, A600, A1200, A2000, A4000D, A4000T, CD32

Offline jmbattle

• Show only replies by jmbattle
    • http://www.amigainabox.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:33:36 PM »
A truly excellent game - and what fantastic speech too!

A little trivia for you, the blue character 'Madcap' actually says 'No way sh*thead!', however the sample is cut short. ;)

Cheers,
James
x

Offline peesz

• Show only replies by peesz
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »

bloodline wrote:
Anyway, what's the deal with the last island? It's pointlessly easy, the "mother of all battles"? I think not... :-/

Hi,
so how do you prevent the game from using all you men at the last level, and forcing you to enter the "mother of all battles" without any men.?? Its been buggin me for some 10 years...
Greets

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »
I've just found an interesting project called Gigalomania. Some guy has re-created Mega-lo-mania, using the original data from the Amiga version of Megalomania, and it runs on PC.

I've played a little of it and it seems pretty cool, though it still needs some work. It runs a bit too fast, some of the in-game features don't work correctly. Example, when a new design idea comes up, you don't get any indication that it's ready to be researched. You just have to keep checking regularly.

The cool thing is it's open source so anyone can tinker with it to get it working correctly. I have no experience with CPP so I can't really do anything with it yet. The makers intent with the game is to add new features to the game. A level editor would be a cool thing. Maybe even a head to head multiplayer mode could be created.

Offline bloodlineTopic starter

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »

peesz wrote:

bloodline wrote:
Anyway, what's the deal with the last island? It's pointlessly easy, the "mother of all battles"? I think not... :-/

Hi,
so how do you prevent the game from using all you men at the last level, and forcing you to enter the "mother of all battles" without any men.?? Its been buggin me for some 10 years...
Greets

On the later epochs, when you reach 2001 tech level you can put castles into suspended animation, when you do this the men in that castle will be available for the last island :-) I'm pretty sure that was in the manual ;-)

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
"We've Nuked Them"

Damn I love this game.  :afro:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »
Clocked it on the megadrive, never played the amiga version as couldnt get it to work on my A1200 at the time, though I expect there is a WHDLOAD slave now.

I had to work all that out as had no manual, but do agree the last level was easier than all the others
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Xamiche

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 03:41:39 PM »
I've found that the only Amiga I could ever get Mega Lo Mania to work on was a stock Amiga 500 with a 512k RAM expansion. I've even tried the WHDLoad version and couldn't get it to work.

I've got the Megadrive version too. I hear it said that the SNES even had a version of it. I'd kill to get that in my cart collection. The MD version was my first experience with the game back in about '93. Of course the Amiga version is the best. Having a mouse makes it much easier to play I think.