Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org & IE - Site Issues?  (Read 293 times)

Description:

Offline KernelTopic starter

• Show only replies by Kernel
Amiga.org & IE - Site Issues?
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:05:49 AM »
Does anyone else have problems with this site using IE 11?  Any tips or tricks to assist?  I am having to use Chrome to post this... every time I try to look at a pic link or post a message, I get asked to log in even though I'm already logged in.  I've had periodic issues like this with this site (only?!) through the years but never this bad.  If it's a config/setting issue please fill me in!

Thanks.

Offline TeamBlackFox

• Master SPARC
    • Show only replies by TeamBlackFox
Re: Amiga.org & IE - Site Issues?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:15:02 AM »
The site has had issues with session cookies since I signed up, happens on Firefox and Dillo for me. But more seriously - don't use IE. Use Firefox or Chrome, because IE still has longstanding exploits against it. Don't put a "HACK ME" sign on your IP address.
After many years in the Amiga community I have decided to leave the Amiga community permanently. If you have a question about SGI or Sun computers please PM me and I will return your contact as soon as I can.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:57:24 AM »
Using IE 11 on several different computers, no issues with this site.  Not that I know if this site uses them, but you have latest versions of Flash, Java, and other plugins installed?  Are you running any sort of firewall or proxy service?  Worst case scenario go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced, and reset IE back to it's original configuration.  That should do it, unless again, you've got some weird firewall or proxy service going on.  Good luck! :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »
When you login, don't use http://amiga.org, use http://www.amiga.org instead.

Offline Leffmann

• Show only replies by Leffmann
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
It's not IE's fault, it's amiga.org itself that is broken, and the problems with the site not registering you logging on have been around for a long time.

There are other funny problems that crop up now and then as well. Right now, for example, the front-page shows all recent threads as having exactly 1 more view than number of replies in the thread.