Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alien Breed 3D II FULL SCREEN & Off Center?  (Read 2020 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Alien Breed 3D II FULL SCREEN & Off Center?
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:29 PM »
When ever I play AB 3D II on my 1200, it starts out like it's going to play full screen, but when the game begins, it goes into Window mode. How do I re-size this window?

Also why is it that all Amiga full screen games (not just AB3DII) never actually go full screen but only end up on a small section in the center of the screen leaving 1 to 2" boarders around it all and making it a bit off center and to the right?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline fitzsteve

• Show only replies by fitzsteve
Re: Alien Breed 3D II FULL SCREEN & Off Center?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
Hit 'Enter' on the Keypad or you can also use the - + keys, again on the keypad not the main keyboard.

Enjoy!

Steve.

Edit, games not being centered is due to your Monitor if its an LCD maybe it has an auto adjust feature?  If not maybe its stuck that way?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:25:19 PM by fitzsteve »

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;578255
When ever I play AB 3D II on my 1200, it starts out like it's going to play full screen, but when the game begins, it goes into Window mode. How do I re-size this window?

Also why is it that all Amiga full screen games (not just AB3DII) never actually go full screen but only end up on a small section in the center of the screen leaving 1 to 2" boarders around it all and making it a bit off center and to the right?

Press the numeric keypad enter button to toggle fullscreen. The default is 2/3 screensize, which was to help speed things up a bit. AB3D 2 isn't the fastest 3D game ever.

Also, try tkgpatch (should be available on aminet). This adds a few patches to speed things up and includes stuff like improved C2P routines. One side effect of the latter is that the fullscreen display ends up horizontally off-center. The original display has a 16-pixel border left and right, but the improved C2P routines don't handle this case as they are written for speed and don't do any 16-bit chip ram writes (it would seem the border graphics were planar and thus aren't part of the regular C2P run).
int p; // A

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »
Will try, thankx ya'll!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs