Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The spirit of a famed Amiga classic game lives on with a brand new 2-player feature!  (Read 3537 times)

Description:

Offline TorbenLarsenTopic starter

• Show only replies by TorbenLarsen
    • http://www.cope-com.com
Re: The spirit of a famed Amiga classic game lives on with a brand new 2-player featu
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 17, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;671670
A computer platform is nothing without software. It was the software that made the Amiga great. The Amiga allowed programmers/developers/artists to explore a new digital frontier. That frontier has now been explored and there are exciting new places to go, with new platforms... But there are some of us who still enjoy stomping around in the old world, the Amiga's world, and it is games like this running on modern platforms that let us keep our old world alive. Without these, our old way of life would be all but forgotten.
There are many angles to this subject and very well said :rolleyes:
Who doesn't remember great pioneer programs like Deluxe Paint, 3D Imagine, Lightwave and videotoaster on the Amiga?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:40:19 PM by TorbenLarsen »

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
Quote from: bloodline;671670
A computer platform is nothing without software. It was the software that made the Amiga great. The Amiga allowed programmers/developers/artists to explore a new digital frontier. That frontier has now been explored and there are exciting new places to go, with new platforms... But there are some of us who still enjoy stomping around in the old world, the Amiga's world, and it is games like this running on modern platforms that let us keep our old world alive. Without these, our old way of life would be all but forgotten.

I would say what made Amiga a pleasure to own was

1. Cutting edge custom chipset/hardware (for mid-late 80s)
2. A revolutionary Multitasking OS which didn't sap your creativity
3. The software.

ST also had some great software but the OS and hardware made it less memorable :)

Offline TorbenLarsenTopic starter

• Show only replies by TorbenLarsen
    • http://www.cope-com.com
Quote from: Digiman;671725
I would say what made Amiga a pleasure to own was

1. Cutting edge custom chipset/hardware (for mid-late 80s)
2. A revolutionary Multitasking OS which didn't sap your creativity
3. The software.

ST also had some great software but the OS and hardware made it less memorable :)

I for one is proud that back then, I and others saw bigger potencial in the Amiga over the Atari. Although back then Atari had a strong console name but the Amiga was more attractive with marketing focus on sound and art. Made a huge difference imo and history showed us which system came out most spectacular :)