Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29117 times)

Description:

Offline 560SL

• Show only replies by 560SL
Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
I ordered and paid for a couple of A3000 ATX adapter cables three months ago and havent heard zip since.

Oh well...
AmigaOS: Forward Into The Past

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
Yes unfortunately, come November I'll be waiting a year, that is 12 months for a replacement on my RGB adapter.  

I am still waiting on the psx adapter and a few other bits and pieces such as the 3.1 roms.

He did say when he emailed everyone a month or so ago I would be first on his list, but still nothing.

Disappointed to be honest about the promises and lack of communication.
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline GeneralLee

• Show only replies by GeneralLee
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
I got an email from him today. Claiming I was lying in a post here..

Well I ain't lying the only one who is lying is he..

Offline HavieTopic starter

• Show only replies by Havie
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;710232
Strafe in GLoom?!? I wonder if mine does that. I got mine off the guy who originally designed these a while before Maniac carried them. How'd you set it up?

If your adaptor can be set to CD32 mode then you can select the option to use a CD32 controller. Link to manual below:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamesdbase.com%2FMedia%2FSYSTEM%2FCommodore_Amiga_CD32%2F%2FManual%2Fformated%2FGloom_-_1995_-_Guildhall_Leisure_Services.pdf&ei=lu-GUP3fMuiq0QXHpIDIAw&usg=AFQjCNFqfQxLTiDcMKffN66kEZayNtkj8g&sig2=3ycQkMMbg6eGl90H5JzZ8g

Offline HavieTopic starter

• Show only replies by Havie
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
It's sad that things aren't working out with Nathan.  As I said before, he wasn't particularly quick (had a few months wait) but he did deliver and I had decent communication within him and the item is great.

I wish there was something more we could do to get these problems sorted as he is/was a major supporter of the ever shrinking market.  BUT I would be more than unhappy if I had ordered and paid for something that I hadn't recieved - one man band or not!

Offline amigamaniac

• Show only replies by amigamaniac
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words from some of you :-) Other, not so kind words are valid criticisms, so I am happy to 'cop them on the chin'. However, I will not accept being called a liar. There is a difference between saying something and meaning it when it was said (and then not being able to follow through, for whatever reason) and saying something that one knows is not true when it is said.

@General Lee, I did not call you a liar in my last group email (I don’t even know who you are, I can only guess), nor would I have told you that I lie about shipping times in another email many months ago.
What I said in my latest group e-mail was that someone that posted on here calling me a liar are either themselves a liar, an a-hole or has a comprehension problem. Regarding that e-mail that you claim I told you I lie about shipping times, I would have said something along the lines of how I feel bad when I tell someone their parcel will be posted on a certain date, and then it isn’t, making a liar of myself. You give the impression that I said something like “I just lie to people to get them off my back, hahaha”, which is a little different to what I would have actually said, don’t you think? I can only guess at which of those three you are (i.e., liar, a-hole or doesn’t understand what you read properly), or perhaps a combination?

There is a very good reason why my service has been so crap for so long, with poor communication being a part of it, unfortunately. I did let everyone know that has been waiting for ages what the issue was (and sometimes is) as I felt I owed them an explanation. This does not make the times that most have been waiting to receive their orders acceptable, by any means. I just wanted everyone to know what the reason was, that their order IS coming and that they have NOT been robbed.

My website became so popular that my previously fun hobby has become a burden, especially when my health is crap and I’m pretty much useless in general :-( Right now I’m looking at about 33 backorders to complete, plus about 3 old orders that I need to replace due to faults. Some of these orders are for multiple items too :-S I have been so stressed by having so many orders to do and letting so many people down with extreme waiting times and sometimes getting nasty e-mails as a result, that I have started to consider ceasing my hobby altogether once I have completed all outstanding orders. However, since I have removed the PayPal shopping cart system from my website, I can’t get into this kind of trouble again, so it’s something I’ll have to think about a bit more…I still have the MP3 Player for Amiga project to complete in the very least, as well as a couple of other projects on my mind, for both Amiga and Atari :-P

Nathan

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »
People realize its a hobby, but still, if people pay for things they should get the item within a few months or get their money back.

I have been a customer in the past and it took 6 months to get my item. Maybe you should stop taking new orders if you can't fill orders for things people paid you for a year ago? Just sayin... Your still taking peoples money right? Why if you can't fill orders from a year ago?

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:27:17 AM »
@Nathan, as a potential new customer I was incredibly disappointed by the complete lack of communications (I really wanted an s-Video converter and rom Switcher) - lucky for me that by that time I was unable to pay for anything as you had removed your cart system.

I understand what it's like to be seriously unwell (I've been battling a liver problem this year) but all you had to do was put an announcement up on your website saying that you are unwell and will be unable to respond to email and fulfill orders until you have recovered - an "out of office" reply on your email would have helped too.

as they say, it's all about communications.

regards Derek
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:29:27 AM by djos »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline ami_junki

• Show only replies by ami_junki
    • http://www.cd32gamer.info
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
Sorry to hear about your troubles Nathan, it must be tough with all the health problems and then the total backlog of orders.  I was hoping to have received my order last month but I did not hear from you but I am not in a rush anymore so take your time, as long as it gets here some day lol.  Hope things will get better and thanks again as your hobby has helped a lot of people.  がっんばて!

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
Would like to say Nathan is one of the good guys in Amiga land. I've had some delays when dealing with him and we've had the odd joke via email about it.

He makes some great hardware and at real prices unlike other items that I've seen. Sure communication isn't the best but then I can imagine it's quite stressful, to me his reputation, products have been a bigger success than he may of originally thought.

It's kind of grown more into something that could become a full time business rather than a hobby.

I'm assuming an extra pair of hands would be great? A shame I don't have the skills to help in some way.

Anyway ease up on Nathan, he'll get around to your order I'm sure. He's not a liar as some people have put it, he's a stand up guy trying to do his best.

Keep up the good work Nathan it would be a sad day that you stop making such great hardware, you are a true asset.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show only replies by MelbourneBen
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
I've bought a few items from Nathan over the years and have always received good service, I knew that I was buying from a guy running a hobby business rather than a full time operation so my expectations weren't high.

I dont know his circumstances but I suppose some health conditions may creep up on you and before you know it you're behind in work/life and he may not have had the time to inform customers or make changes to his website. I had my appendix removed a couple of weeks ago, a routine operation with a 1week recovery time yet I got a little behind with things...I can only imagine how a more serious health issue would have impacted me.

Nathan, I hope you get well soon mate, concentrate on getting better and I hope you stay part of the Amiga community.
Amiga 500 user

Offline GeneralLee

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:29 PM »
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

nacad@amigamaniac.com

This gets better and better..

Offline GeneralLee

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
Quote from: midway;704375
I concur. Ordered and paid in july, never got any feedback from nathan cadwallen, only automated email responses. Filed a claim and will receive my money back. Stay away.

Did you get your money back from paypal?

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 07:44:09 PM »
Don't take orders if you cannot fill them in an efficient manner - with all due respect.

All sorts of things come up in real life, illness, family issues, etc. - but to keep people hanging on the line for a year is simply unacceptable, sorry.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
Quote from: desiv;705893

Although different, I'm going thru some health issues myself and last week was finally able to breathe easier when I heard the word "non-malignant".  :-)

Glad to hear the news was good. Just wish I hadn't read your post whilst smoking. Anyway, get well soon.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 04, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Quote from: GeneralLee;717491
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

nacad@amigamaniac.com

This gets better and better..

On Amigamaniac's contact-page it reads:

"Sorry everyone, I've had to delete yet another webmail account as some lovely person has been inserting my e-mail address as the return path for mass spamming :-S I'll set up another e-mail address and post it here once I've completed all the back orders. *If you are still waiting for your order, I will e-mail you shortly, after which you will have my new e-mail address ;-)"
CD32
A500