Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Three fingered salute doesn't work on A1200 PC K/B adaptor  (Read 853 times)

Description:

Three fingered salute doesn't work on A1200 PC K/B adaptor
« on: April 22, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »
This has been bugging me for a while now.

My PC keyboard adapter is one of those that has a ribbon that plugs directly into where the normal A1200 keyboard usually resides, and at the other end it has a small PCB with a chip on it, then has five wires (black, brown, red, orange, and yellow) that lead to an AT style DIN connector.

The "windows" keys work perfectly as replacement "Amiga" keys, but if I do Ctrl-LWin-RWin it doesn't reboot the machine like Ctrl-LAmiga-RAmiga does.

Any ideas chaps?

Offline dawiper

• Show only replies by dawiper
Re: Three fingered salute doesn't work on A1200 PC K/B adaptor
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:34:56 PM »
First idea that pops into my head is that your pc keyboard cant handle the ctrl-win-win keys at once... :-?
A1200+Apollo 030/40+32mb fast+powerflyer in custom tower

Offline Merc

• Show only replies by Merc
    • http://chebucto.ns.ca/~ah210/Profile.html
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:42:33 PM »
I have the same adaptor and it works here (not exactly helpful I guess, but maybe you should try it with another keyboard?)

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
Yup, that sounds like the one i sold to Adonay... .3 finger salute worked every time for me. Mine was the PowerC one.
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:07:32 PM »
I have one in my Quikpak A4000T that has the same problem, luckily there's a reset button on the case. My A3000 desktop doesn't have a reset button, so even though I have a KVM and want to use it properly, the 3000 still has its own original keyboard hooked up.

My adaptor also has a problem with the backslash/pipe key, it doesn't register as anything at all. Somewhat inconvenient when tryng to type C code to escape tabs and newlines in printf statements.

This is an EZkey adaptor that I have, ordered from UK using it in USA with american keyboard.
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Offline Dwyloc

• Show only replies by Dwyloc
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 02:25:00 AM »
Sounds like my Eye-tech keyboard adapter it use to work but stopped about a year ago so I replaced it with the Lyra Keyboard Interface  (the one that chips over the chip) and now I can reboot form the keyboard again and as an added benefit it also excepts multiple key presses at the same time so I can play keyboard games again for the fist time since towering up my Amiga 10 years ago.

I just wish I had replaced it years ago. :-? As the Ey-tech one sucks :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :pissed:  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  and then some.

Sorry I am just am bit emotional about being able to play Alien Breed 3D again for the first time since getting an Eye-tech tower in 1997.  Also Payback is so much better on keyboard with Individual Computers keyboard adapter.

But its fixed now  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-(  :-(  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1
Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
Amiga 1200 Eyetech mk4 Tower, Blizzard 1240 040/40 32MB Fast ram, IDEFix Express mk2, mediatorSX pci, Voodoo3 PCI, PCI network card, OS3.9 BB2.

Offline Effy

• Show only replies by Effy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 03:47:12 AM »
Mdma : I know of this problem. It may seem clumsy but try to hold ctrl left+win left+ctrl right+win right and then the delete key or the one on top of the delete key ... five fingers at the same time, I know ... have done it several times with older pc keyboards ...

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 05:32:00 AM »
Sounds like my Eye-tech keyboard adapter it use to work but stopped about a year ago so I replaced it with the Lyra Keyboard Interface (the one that chips over the chip) and now I can reboot form the keyboard again and as an added benefit it also excepts multiple key presses at the same time so I can play keyboard games again for the fist time since towering up my Amiga 10 years ago.

The Lyra Adapter is not perfect either. I have one and I can't use it with AmiMasterGear - it doesn't recognise the 'alt' and 'windows' keys when the emulator is running - thus the games are unplayable with keyboard. Strangely, the same keys work fine under Workbench.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »

Effy wrote:
Mdma : I know of this problem. It may seem clumsy but try to hold ctrl left+win left+ctrl right+win right and then the delete key or the one on top of the delete key ... five fingers at the same time, I know ... have done it several times with older pc keyboards ...

I'll give it a try, thanks.

One thing I noticed is that the control key+cursors move the mouse pointer around, in exactly the same way the winkey+cursors does too.

Very odd....  :-?

Offline AmiGR

• Show only replies by AmiGR
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »
Try LCtrl-RCtrl-F12 or LWin-RWin-F12, that's how it worked in some old keyboards I had.
- AMiGR

Evil, biased mod from hell.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 08:27:06 PM »

AmiGR wrote:
Try LCtrl-RCtrl-F12 or LWin-RWin-F12, that's how it worked in some old keyboards I had.

I'll give it a try.  Thanks a lot, it's a pain keep having to type reboot at a shell everytime i need to reset. :-)