Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers  (Read 40668 times)

Description:

Offline Wildstar128

• Show only replies by Wildstar128
Re: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers
« Reply #554 from previous page: April 29, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »
Now now Vox,

We need to sell some AMIGAs.

Lol...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:50:59 AM by Wildstar128 »

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
@Wildstar128  ^^^

Easily your best post so far...

Offline darkage

• Show only replies by darkage
« Reply #556 on: April 29, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »
WoWoW I've never seen that commodore logo sooo BIG before!!! Wow thats certainly put some excitement into my retro computing :)

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #557 on: April 29, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
Quote from: Wildstar128;691026
Anyway, that comment of Barry seemed odd but then the question in fact might had caused some tongue and cheek sarcasm.
Uh, see, there's a thing where that was totally beyond the pale and "tongue-in-cheek sarcasm" just doesn't cut it. That's like the exact opposite of professional behavior.

In any case, Barry never so much as apologized for it.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #558 on: April 29, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
Quote from: Wildstar128;690988
talk to Leo or Barry in a civil manner. Just ask what you want to know. Don't waste time on meaningless garbage and the other piss and vinegar. After all, it stinks up the place.

See, there you go assuming we haven't already tried that.

After a bunch of threatening PMs from Barry which finally stopped when I invited him to my home on the understanding that I would take him up on his offer by taking him out to a deserted property of mine in the country, he asked to bury the hatched and asked for my opinions.  We had a couple of polite PMs, he even PMed me and asked me to announce the birth of Leo's baby (which I did) and then he carried on as normal and promptly lost it again when I made a critical post.  He then posted extracts from our private PMs and used Dammy in the attack as well to make me out to be a hypocrite and a liar.  Dammy did his best to make me out for being two-faced because I had actually dared to try and find some common ground.  From that we can deduce that Barry is simply the type of guy who wll use the birth of a baby to attempt to manipulate people and that he feels that anybody who tried to offer an olive branch is contemptable.

He had his second chance from me.  I gave him my honest opion on how he could fix his lousey PR.  He threw it all back at me and continued his smoke and mirrors game populated with a neverending stream of lies.

End of story.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #559 on: April 29, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;691063
In any case, Barry never so much as apologized for it.

Type A personality disorders prevents that.  In their minds they can do no wrong.  The firmly believe it is we who should apologize to them for daring to disagree.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »
Wow, wasn't aware that you went thru all that BS, Darrin.

Guess I should count myself lucky that I only had a few of their fanboys harassing me.

Offline Wildstar128

• Show only replies by Wildstar128
« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;691065
See, there you go assuming we haven't already tried that.

After a bunch of threatening PMs from Barry which finally stopped when I invited him to my home on the understanding that I would take him up on his offer by taking him out to a deserted property of mine in the country, he asked to bury the hatched and asked for my opinions.  We had a couple of polite PMs, he even PMed me and asked me to announce the birth of Leo's baby (which I did) and then he carried on as normal and promptly lost it again when I made a critical post.  He then posted extracts from our private PMs and used Dammy in the attack as well to make me out to be a hypocrite and a liar.  Dammy did his best to make me out for being two-faced because I had actually dared to try and find some common ground.  From that we can deduce that Barry is simply the type of guy who wll use the birth of a baby to attempt to manipulate people and that he feels that anybody who tried to offer an olive branch is contemptable.

He had his second chance from me.  I gave him my honest opion on how he could fix his lousey PR.  He threw it all back at me and continued his smoke and mirrors game populated with a neverending stream of lies.

End of story.

It is one thing to be critical and another to give a bunch of insults. In fact, one should never mix insult into a critique. A critique is to be constructive criticism not destructive.

I am not condoning or saying it is right for Barry to be unprofessional in the matters but some reason I get the feeling that you weren't conducting yourself professionally either and in my experience when someone is critical, it gets in a gang fashion throwing insults as a gang up party. You should realize that and request the rest of the fellow folks to just stay out of it and keep it professional. It isn't easy to keep calm with 10-20 post of b.s. Insults for every single decent sentence.

Think about the whole situation. You got mob like gang here flooding with insults. I am guessing it is difficult. Not right or proper but the surrounding context has to be kept in mind.

As for Dammy, well.... He's... Barry was pretty clear about Dammy.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #562 on: April 29, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
Well, it seems we have run the course for this thread and it even appears we have come to an "Agree to Disagree" stance with a modicrim of understanding along with some apologies.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  If you are confused as to why now or why not earlier, PM me and we can talk.

As silly as this may sound from a grown man, I hope everyone who was involved in this thread can now walk away more as friends then enemies.

CHEERS TO ALL AMIGANS! :pint:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?