Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The return of the Amiga?  (Read 1943 times)

Description:

The return of the Amiga?
« on: December 09, 2002, 04:54:09 PM »
Amiga one xe `ting;

As far as i know they`ve(the amiga people)have been talking about this for years, the last thing i heard was the operating system for the new amiga was done, but thats it (there were some issues).  As is, i don`t think eidos will be supporting it(i can`t say for sure though,i`d like them too! but i`m biased)
Looking at the specs you supplied, it`ll be redundant before it even comes out(this is only MY opinion though)     :-)

All i can really say is keep your fingers crossed,
if i ever get the chance to raise the issue, i will!

laters All

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
Re: The return of the Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 05:06:39 PM »

amiga-tastic! wrote:
Looking at the specs you supplied, it`ll be redundant before it even comes out(this is only MY opinion though)     :-)

Yeah, but you're just looking at numbers. When you consider that my 50Mhz 68060 A4000 with PCI Voodoo 3 is much more responsive in general use than the 500Mhz Celeron PC, with an AGP 32Mb graphics card I use at work, AmigaOS should just absolutely fly on the machine.

I tend to worry less about numbers and more about what the actual product is like to use, so in the case of the as-yet unreleased AmigaONE/OS4 combination, I guess we'll have to "wait and see".
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Re: The return of the Amiga?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 05:24:54 PM »
That was not `Really` my opinion, i`m a self confessed amiga-phile(if it was up to me, it would have been done years ago).  This message was supposed to be attached to the `barbarian message` but i screwed up..my bad  sorry `JurassicCamper`

I`d personaly love to see it supported, but i do feel like i`m standing alone on this one( Hint HINT..say to more..) . Whatever you say about `numbers` the higher specs will always have it(in the eyes of big buisiness anyway).

please, i can`t be more obvious without getting into trouble!   :-)

Now lets end this silly quibble..i`m feeling uncomfortable(like the first time you go to the pharmacist to get some condoms and its a girl serving you  ;-)

laters