Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: aGTW Update: PS2 Putty Squad, Siegemaster, Pipeline & Rotoplex  (Read 2414 times)

Description:

Offline CodyJTopic starter

• Show only replies by CodyJ
    • http://abime.net
aGTW Update: PS2 Putty Squad, Siegemaster, Pipeline & Rotoplex
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Head over to Amiga Games That Weren't for four new entries!

Amiga Putty Squad isn't the only version of that game which wasn't released. aGTW's detour into the world of the Playstation 2 and the unreleased Putty Squad PS2 fills in some gaps about the Amiga version. Andy Roberts answers our questions.

Siegemaster is a strategy and RPG game which demonstrates that a full review in a magazine (the notoriously unreliable Amiga Action) is no indication that a game was released. We speak to Edward Grabowski about his game.

Finally, John Dale talks to aGTW about two of his games. Pipeline is an early version of the game that eventually became Pipe Mania and Pipe Dream. This pre-release version differs from the final game in a number of ways. John created another puzzler called Rotoplex. Unlike Pipeline, this game was not eventually released.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Re: aGTW Update: PS2 Putty Squad, Siegemaster, Pipeline & Rotoplex
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
From the interview:

We had full access to the assets (code, graphics, and audio) from the Amiga version

Shame they didn't accidentally get leaked... :(

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline ciento

• Show only replies by ciento
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »
Sorry to bring bad news, but the Putty game was released as 'Super Putty', and I bought  (and still have) the CD32 version, at the same shop where I bought the CD32 versions of Trolls, James Pond III, Brian the Lion, etc. There was even a cover floppy of what I believe to be an ECS version, on a magazine in the states. Thats probably in a box here somewhere.
I still occasionally have a vivid dream that I discover that Amiga shop in a new location
off the main drag, full of parts, games, systems, and racks of magazines, like in days of yore...Trolls and Super Putty are my favorite Amiga games.

Offline RussellB

• Show only replies by RussellB
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »
They are talking about Putty Squad not Putty.  Putty Squad was the follow up to Putty.  Super Putty on the CD32 was just a port of Putty.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:25:44 PM by RussellB »

Offline ciento

• Show only replies by ciento
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:13:53 AM »
You're right as far as names are concerned, but its a very big iso, more than just a couple
880K shovelwares, and it appears it is not music, so only someone who is an expert gamer (or code dis-assembler?) will be able to reveal what levels/data are contained by actually winning each level, or deciphering the data.
Amigans were always lousy gamers, (and I'm even worse!) so we may never know, short
of victorious play sessions caught on video by a hired console gamer. :)