Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hate! Hate! Hate! (take 2)  (Read 7537 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: Hate! Hate! Hate! (take 2)
« Reply #59 from previous page: June 13, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
Quote from: cha05e90;511010
I accept that most users surrendered ;-) and browse amiga sites with a windows pc (or aquivalents).

We all -- myself more than most -- understand the loss of potential users, but 12 years after the most current classic browser was released, the number of people who got left behind were far, far outweighed by the advantages offered by the new system.

This, being 2009, is just one of those situations where -- if the authors of those browsers hadn't given up -- it would still be perfectly usable if they hadn't.

I had a choice.  Move forward, or close the site.  I hope I chose well.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

• Winning!
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
Quote from: lurkist;510994
Seems smiley text recog is too sensitive, look at the line below-

SYS:Devs/DosDrivers/PC0
Nothing that ANY system which uses smileys can do, except to change all smiley codes to phonetic, : smile : / : grin : and so forth, which would pretty much make things worse for everyone.

Try using the [ code ] feature for things like that.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;511012
We all -- myself more than most -- understand the loss of potential users, but 12 years after the most current classic browser was released, the number of people who got left behind were far, far outweighed by the advantages offered by the new system.

This, being 2009, is just one of those situations where -- if the authors of those browsers hadn't given up -- it would still be perfectly usable if they hadn't.

I had a choice.  Move forward, or close the site.  I hope I chose well.

Wayne
I absolutley understand your point of view - *maybe* there is something in the pipe with a new, buyable IBrowse, progress in AWeb or a usable version of Netsurf. Until then - we "original classic system" users are somewhat lost. And, btw, I do NOT count UAE users: first of all they surrendered, too ;-) and they might be able to use classic 68k-ports like OWB where a real system is way to slow to be useful.
Despite this i really appreciate all the work you and all others do and did with amiga.org!
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

• Winning!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2009, 08:39:26 PM »
Quote from: marcfrick2112;510967
Well, no hate here... just one little request, I have no idea why it bothers me.....

On the old Amiga.org , if you held the mouse pointer over the 'Random Pic' you would get a short description of the pic .....  no more :eek: I know, it's nit-picking.. but sometimes I can't tell what that shrunken pic is... :lol:

But beyond that, great job Wayne....

I'll see what I can do.  You might submit it as a feature request using the bug tracker.
//* Signature Free *//

• Winning!
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »
Quote from: motorollin;510982
The grey bar at the top with the "Submit News", "User CP" and "Log Out" buttons does not seem consistent with the rest of the UI to me. Personally I preferred it when these links were part of the main links bar directly underneath the logo, in the same style as "Home", "Forums", "Gallery" etc.

The problem is that that bar is getting too long for lower resolution users, causing it to wrap.  

I'm still working on how to better get all of that done, but the reason it was separated was to give a secondary bar to promote the "submit" feature for each section.

If anyone is a graphic artist and has a better idea for how it should be done, I'm all ears.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline orange

• Show only replies by orange
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
the option that I like is link to all my posts. but it was easier on old site to get there from main (or not?)
if it could provide a quick information on which of the threads I 'participated' in have new posts, it would be great.
Better sorry than worry.

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
Quote from: orange;511034
the option that I like is link to all my posts. but it was easier on old site to get there from main (or not?)
if it could provide a quick information on which of the threads I 'participated' in have new posts, it would be great.

I thought it was quite easy to get to. Just click on your name on your post above and select the option that says find more posts by [user].

Offline motrucker

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2009, 12:00:16 AM »
I can't find a thing to gripe about. So far, so good. I spend more time here than I used to. (and I already needed a 32 hour day!)
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline mr_a500

• Show only replies by mr_a500
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 02:37:53 AM »
The thing I miss is the photo album comment notification. Because of the wonderfully large selection of random photos, I've been seeing lots of pictures I never saw before and I'm commenting all over the place. But because there is no notification, if I want to see if somebody replied to my comment, I have to search for that photo.

I hate it. I really hate it. I HATE HATE HATE IT!! Man, it sucks. That's it! I'm never coming back! Screw this! I don't need to take this CRAP!!! Damn you all to hell!!!!!1

(Note: I'm kidding. I just thought I'd say that because these days it's hard to tell.)

Offline Marcb

• Show only replies by Marcb
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 02:47:02 AM »
One thing I don't know how to do is access my public profile without first finding one of my posts clicking on my id and going trom there...

I think there must be a quicker way (maybe in the quicklinks menu? But I can't get quicklinks menu to work on the ipod touch)
"...but some animals are more equal than others."

• Winning!
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2009, 02:58:38 AM »
Quote from: Marcb;511089
One thing I don't know how to do is access my public profile without first finding one of my posts clicking on my id and going trom there...

I think there must be a quicker way (maybe in the quicklinks menu? But I can't get quicklinks menu to work on the ipod touch)

Quick Links >> Your Profile
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Marcb

• Show only replies by Marcb
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;511090
Quick Links >> Your Profile

Thanks Wayne

Stupid Ipod won't let me use the Quick Links!
"...but some animals are more equal than others."