Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE and Floppy Lockup  (Read 1506 times)

Description:

WinUAE and Floppy Lockup
« on: March 03, 2003, 01:05:53 AM »
I am a new member here at Amiga.org and am having a small but frustrating problem with my WinUAE. I have 8.22 r 4 of WinUAE I upgraded from a very old version from the early 8.X series hoping for a correction but it wasn't.
When I have a game that accesses the floppy drives a lot there is a good chance the emulator will freeze and ruin the disk file being read/written. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is there a setting I need to solve the problem? I'm using Champions of Krynn and every created character or saved game is a gamble. Any help is very appreciated.

Ultimatar

Re: WinUAE and Floppy Lockup
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 06:30:48 AM »
Gee, did I post this message in the wrong area? I see that people are viewing it but no responses? Am I the only one having this problem? Am I stupid or something? 35 people have absolutely no idea what's happening? I guess I registered to this site for nothing. So thanks for nothing

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 06:34:41 AM »
Hehe, sorry about that!

I would up-grade the version to R5 to see if that helps.
you are using virtual drives i presume?
I`ve never experience this problem...anyone else?

Offline Quixote

• Show only replies by Quixote
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 07:06:12 AM »
Ultimatar unleashed:
I guess I registered to this site for nothing. So thanks for nothing
;-) Please bear in mind that it's God-awfull in the morning in some parts of the world, so many of our regulars are off-line.  Unlike IRC, it can be days before someone with the answer encounters your post.

:-? As for WinUAE, I usually use MacUAE, and have not experienced this problem.  However, ISTR that games with custom drive parameters don't work well with UAE.  Do other applications work okay under your UAE setup?  If so, it may just be that the game you want can't work under emulation.

:idea: Perhaps the .adf file in question has an error.  Maybe you could try relpacing it.

Let us know how it works.  We really do care, even though it's a little slow, right now.