Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deep mind  (Read 1902 times)

Description:

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
Re: Deep mind
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 27, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »
There's ripping graphics from ancient games, and combining them with other stuff (mildly bad, I suppose ) then there's nicking stuff wholesale from current commercial titles. Dunno about the 'grey' maybe he got permission from the artist, a lot of the deviant art people are quite happy, so long as you send them the finished design as a keep sake.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »
Quote from: Khephren;669266
There's ripping graphics from ancient games, and combining them with other stuff (mildly bad, I suppose ) then there's nicking stuff wholesale from current commercial titles. Dunno about the 'grey' maybe he got permission from the artist, a lot of the deviant art people are quite happy, so long as you send them the finished design as a keep sake.

Permission... bah!!!! ;)

My project is of course Star Wars based and considering that George Lucas has done nothing but screw up the Star Wars canon and name sake with the release of his crappy prequel movies and the cartoon TV series which just serves to drive the nail even further into the coffin...

I'd say I'm doing him a favor! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;669258
I rip graphics for the game I'm working on...

I don't have time to draw all that, or a team to do it all for me. :)
But do you put your name in the gfx you rip?

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Piru;669477
But do you put your name in the gfx you rip?

No I don't. And actually I'll be giving credit in my docs to Lucas Arts games and some of the guys and gals from Massassi Temple (amongst other places) for the work of theirs which I've borrowed or modified.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs