Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Datatypes  (Read 2599 times)

Description:

Offline Ni72ousTopic starter

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
Datatypes
« on: July 09, 2003, 06:29:05 PM »
Anyone know if there are any datatypes optimised for use in uae?  Also is there any sort of driver that would let me get full use of my wheel mouse?
Ni72ous

Offline Xand

• Show only replies by Xand
Re: Datatypes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 06:47:33 PM »
I'm using FreeWheel for my wheel mouse, it's available on aminet.
I just use the regular 68k datatypes, I'm not sure what you mean by optimized for UAE.
SunBlade 1000 2x1200mhz UltraSparc III+, 8GB RAM, XVR1000, 73GB and 300GB FC drives, DVD, SunPCi IIIpro - 1GB RAM (yes it does work when I set the clock back to 2009), Solaris 10.

Ultra60 2x450MHz UltraSPARC II, 2GB RAM, 9GB U160 and 36GB U320 drives, CDROM

A1200T, 603e-240mhz/040-50mhz SCSI, 256mb, MediatorSX, Voodoo3-3000, Soundblaster 128, 10/100 Ethernet, other stuff OS3.9

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 06:52:36 PM »
@Xand
I will try freewheel out today, the reason i ask about datatypes is i am sure i have seen some that were made for amithlon, just wanted to know if there were any for uae or if the ones for amithlon work with uae
Ni72ous

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 07:00:58 PM »

NitrousB wrote:
Anyone know if there are any datatypes optimised for use in uae?  Also is there any sort of driver that would let me get full use of my wheel mouse?

Someone was working on a module for WinUAE that would allow x86 code to be run from inside the emulation, almost as if the Amiga had an x86 accelerator (instead of PPC) and they were going to port a few datatypes to x86 for use with this module.

Can't find any info on this anymore.
this space for rent

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 07:19:31 PM »
datatypes for uae....ermm ok..

why not just use a real amiga? ...just a hint anyway.

x86 suxx...

btw maybe thoose ak datatypes is better for? , i dunno but i use warpDT's

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 07:21:04 PM »
@Xand
Freewheel worked a treat  :-)  oh and the datatypes doh i found them in the Amiga.org top ten downloads it seem to be the ak datatypes that optimised for both amithlon and uae  :-)

@T_Bone
I will have a look about for info on this module
Ni72ous

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 07:29:05 PM »
@Lempkee
why not just use a real amiga?

mine stopped working a few days ago  :-( dont know why but C18A on the bottom of the mobo burn out taking the solder pads with it, also my blizzard 030/50 is dead, cant afford to replace it.
Ni72ous

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 07:43:24 PM »

lempkee wrote:
datatypes for uae....ermm ok..

why not just use a real amiga? ...just a hint anyway.

x86 suxx...

btw maybe thoose ak datatypes is better for? , i dunno but i use warpDT's

cheers

I would prefer not to waste the last precious hours of my, unreplaceable,  real Amigas when I just want to play around. UAE is the best way to enjoy the Amiga experience without burning up the hours my aged frankenmiga has left.

x86 does not suck. UAE is much faster than my Real amiga, and it has a GFX card which my real one does not.

Offline Gaidheal

• Show only replies by Gaidheal
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 09:20:43 PM »
@lempkee

In words more your style "x86 ownz ju!"

Or.. When was the last time Amiga was taken seriously as home computer?  What architecture do you imagine about 70% of the world (probably higher now) uses as its home computer platform?  Business platform?  Amiga + Business.. hmmm.  Some graphics people liked them.....  :¬)

Nuff said, I reckon

Incidentally, the future of the "Amiga experience" is, imo, on the x86 architecture with things such as AROS, Amithlon, and even humble old (Win)UAE.

John
[color=3300FF]Gaidheal[/color][/b][color=0066CC] - \\"The Emulator Guy\\"[/color][/i]

Offline mdwh2

• Show only replies by mdwh2
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 09:33:36 PM »

Xand wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by optimized for UAE.
It's possible to call Windows DLLs from an Amiga program running on WinUAE - for example, that's how the Warp3D wrapper works. Theoretically (afaik, at least) one could have a datatype that called x86 code to do the decoding, and more generally all sorts of libraries or programs could be optimised with x86 code. Unfortunately not much has been done (even less than what was available for Amithlon - and afaik, the x86 bits aren't compatible).

I'd attempt it myself, but I currently know nothing about how to write a datatype ;)

Offline lempkee

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 10:17:30 PM »
gaidheal: u must be on drugs..., sorry but what ever u was blabbering about made absolutely no sense what so ever to me nor my amiga.

i use my amiga everyday, i dont use any pc or mac.

and i work part time as a games developer (amiga/gba/ps2) and part time out in the northsea on a oilrig.

what ever you meant , well i dont like pc for many reasons, i had one some years ago (state of the art at that time (98-2001) when i worked as an IT-ADMIn for a network on 200 machines, i got lazy , i stopped beeing interested in computers and my amiga , i saw about 300 games and all was crap compared to how games are on ps2 etc.

sure it has great apps , but what is great apps when u cant use em without having a 400 hour course in just how to open a file? , lame...

i have been on amiga since 1985 , i have followed any plattform around...and amiga is the one i have stayed on longest and the one i love the most , i do use my ps2 for games...but i do use my amiga for games also, mainly because i like oldschool and PLAYBILITY , but sure i like games on pc like Unreal tournament ....great game...but the sequel(UT 2003) is CRAP compared to the first one , gfx means diddly #### if the game aint fun..

so unscrew that position or move away, after all this is an amiga forum.. but then again it seems there is a lot of pc people around on amiga forums, ok i guess its too commercial for them to hang in pc fourms...or just plain dull..

SORRY , but u sorta set a FLAME towards me and my people... so let the show begin.

pfffffffft

Offline mdwh2

• Show only replies by mdwh2
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 10:25:05 PM »

lempkee wrote:
sure it has great apps , but what is great apps when u cant use em without having a 400 hour course in just how to open a file? , lame...

Well, I don't know if you needed a 400 hour course for that, but I and plenty of others cope fine ;)

Anyway, if we're talking about x86 PCs to run WinUAE, AROS or Amithlon, then talking about apps is irrelevant - WinUAE and Amithlon at least have the same apps that 68k Amigas have.

SORRY , but u sorta set a FLAME towards me and my people... so let the show begin.
You were the one who started off with "why not just use a real amiga? ...x86 suxx..." You may have plenty of reasons why you prefer AmigaOS to Windows, but I don't see why that should mean people like me who have their reasons for running WinUAE are wrong, or shouldn't be here.

This is an Amiga forum - and these are Amiga topics we're discussing.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 10:35:17 PM »
mdwh2 :

do u cope fine with that so called elegant software?? amazing..why in the world does 99% of all companies have to have classes for apps all the time then? , is it because it have so many features?? ..naaah its because of everything else. , sure thats good for people who need it all..but for people who only need a few tools within 1 prog....forget it..

irrelevant or not , its an emu discussion ..sure i use UAE also for testing stuff on my amiga, but when the discussion starts to blend out in "PLEASE MAKE US SOME REAL X86 datatypes etc" thats when emulation makes no sense and thats why i told him or all to just use a real amiga.

and that about speed, thats bullshit ..ofcourse pure 68k progs can and will fly on a 3ghz pc , if they work ..., i use uae on my miggy...i will use it on my amiga1 .., but it wont be a real CLASSIC amiga anyway..

besides i havent seen many good things done by uaE or amithlon people and thats what this is all about, just take a glance in last TOTAL AMIGA issue (15) and u will get it confirmed..

if an uae user would have been like an real amiga user then they would know what to do...

anyway i still think that you guys should focus on your wonderfull pc instead of buggering around here... but that wont happen because u all just need to use AMIGA OS and its wonderfull things as your pc would be bored if not....

eh?

wasnt the plan to flame u btw....its an message to the so called uae /amithlon scene

pps: i am pretty sure we will be flowed with 1000 of questions soon...how to get OS 4 working on x86 etc....

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 10:36:04 PM »

lempkee wrote:
gaidheal: u must be on drugs..., sorry but what ever u was blabbering about made absolutely no sense what so ever to me nor my amiga.

i use my amiga everyday, i dont use any pc or mac.

and i work part time as a games developer (amiga/gba/ps2) and part time out in the northsea on a oilrig.

what ever you meant , well i dont like pc for many reasons, i had one some years ago (state of the art at that time (98-2001) when i worked as an IT-ADMIn for a network on 200 machines, i got lazy , i stopped beeing interested in computers and my amiga , i saw about 300 games and all was crap compared to how games are on ps2 etc.

i have been on amiga since 1985 , i have followed any plattform around...and amiga is the one i have stayed on longest and the one i love the most , i do use my ps2 for games...but i do use my amiga for games also, mainly because i like oldschool and PLAYBILITY , but sure i like games on pc like Unreal tournament ....great game...but the sequel(UT 2003) is CRAP compared to the first one , gfx means diddly #### if the game aint fun..

so unscrew that position or move away, after all this is an amiga forum.. but then again it seems there is a lot of pc people around on amiga forums, ok i guess its too commercial for them to hang in pc fourms...or just plain dull..

pfffffffft

This is the "Amiga Emulation" forum.. what machine do you expect us to emulate an Amiga on? a C64?

No.

Only the modern PCs (and macs too) have enough power to emulate an Amiga so... guess what, you might hear the PC mentioned a lot in here!!!

Ok?

Offline lempkee

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 10:43:08 PM »
lol ... yes ok...

i must go ask hyperion to make an uae os4 now then...

damn it seems os4 will come also...and
every lib and datatype will be x86 instead of 68k or ppc...

to the rescue....

did u know that u could actually run uae on a real amiga also? :) , or an amigaone ? ..

/flame off....

/end of discussion

/peace out

bear in mind that its not a attack on persons here, just the damn bunch who keep saying amiga is crap and in the background uses uae and amithlon till they puke because they think it rules so much..