Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever 5 / Amiga OS 3.9  (Read 1848 times)

Description:

Amiga Forever 5 / Amiga OS 3.9
« on: March 19, 2003, 05:57:54 PM »
I have AF 5.0 running on a Win2k PC (my old Amiga died on me..so I have this now..until I can get a new system). If I purchase OS 3.9, will I be able to upgrade the OS to that..or will it only run on Amiga hardware. Just wanted to be sure before I get the OS, thanks.

Offline Sidewinder

• Show only replies by Sidewinder
    • http://www.liquido2.com
Re: Amiga Forever 5 / Amiga OS 3.9
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 06:11:05 PM »
Yes it is possible to install OS3.9 on the WinUAE proveded in AmigaForever 5.0.  There are some special instructions that you should follow.  These instructions can be found on Cloanto's FAQ page.
Sidewinder

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 06:50:06 PM »
@Redwolf1

Yes 3.9 and the boing bag updates work fine under UAE. if your interested in AmigaOS on x86 i recommend you get Amithlon.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 10:55:58 PM »

Redwolf1 wrote:
I have AF 5.0 running on a Win2k PC (my old Amiga died on me..so I have this now..until I can get a new system). If I purchase OS 3.9, will I be able to upgrade the OS to that..or will it only run on Amiga hardware. Just wanted to be sure before I get the OS, thanks.

What I found simplest to do was to run the regular install on a real Amiga--that was hard enough!--and make the recomended changes--mainly, to the SetPatch command, and making sure that the old devs:system-config(or whatever it's called) file was renamed to s-c.bak until I could test it (some can crash the system, big time, including the one I use on my real Amiga), then just compress everything into one file that can keep the files Amiga atributes, copy it over with AExplorer, dump it into a medium sized hardfile--2-3 hundred megs should do for 3.9, with plenty of spare room--set a test configuration in the GUI, boot--and pray.3.9 worked first time, but 3.5 took almost a week to debug.... :-o

pgf

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 09:57:15 AM »

There is no problem at all installing OS3.9 on WinUAE. You can install it directly from CD, even without the need to have another version of AmigaOS running before. What you should do first is to upgrade AF to version 5.1 (WinUAE Version 0.8.22). Then follow these instructions: http://home.t-online.de/home/thomas-rapp/os39uae.html

Bye,
Thomas

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 01:52:31 PM »
Hi all

Does anyone knows where to get the free upgrade
(AF5.0 to AF5.1), to registered AmigaForever5 users??

Thanks in advanced

Regards

Albert

Offline jd997uk

• Show only replies by jd997uk
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 02:10:46 PM »
Follow the instructions here.
Easy!

-john
Don\\\'t panic - bite the towel.