Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some 2.04?  (Read 2661 times)

Description:

Offline NarayanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Narayan
Re: Some 2.04?
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 26, 2005, 06:06:15 PM »
The computer is truly more of a like a whirlwind and the OS is still unbeatable in contrast to that 3.1 wonder.

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »
uhm yeah what he said.

you are pretty tough to follow narayan i dont know about cannabis but something is definitely off

do you run windows 3.0?

>Yours is to do not then.

>The computer is truly more of a like a whirlwind and the OS is still unbeatable in contrast to that 3.1 wonder.

im going home now
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 07:30:11 PM »
Im in class right now in College, and all I got to say is....

Whats a goin' on?  :-D

Also, My Amiga would actually just heat up, and then the colors would flicker clors and bars would come up, and after it flickered like crazy, then it froze...

The problem is solved by just keeping the chip cool.

I cant remember if I still have it around or not.  I do know I still got my Amiga 1200, but just mainly the HD disk drive and the mainboard along with the Dataflyer XDS.. I think its the XDS, the one where you are able to use the 3.5 ide harddrives from PC.  :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 04:55:01 PM »
2.04 is military grade... :lol:

2.1 is still somewhat usable if you only use older apps, and I guess 1.3 is good for compatability with old games, but 2.04? Why? I softkicked my A600 to 3.1 after I found out 2.04 didn't have CrossDOS...
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 05:17:48 PM »
@Narayan

i don't know why you are still in the dark ages. i chunked 2.04 many many moons ago on my a500. now i switch between 1.3 and 3.1.  :-)

BTW: there is nothing wrong with 2.04 but 3.1 has more features. and newer os distributions require 3.1 (Well except 4.0 but that is a different story). :-D
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline NarayanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Narayan
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 06:45:28 PM »

jkirk wrote:
@Narayan

i don't know why you are still in the dark ages. i chunked 2.04 many many moons ago on my a500. now i switch between 1.3 and 3.1.  :-)

BTW: there is nothing wrong with 2.04 but 3.1 has more features. and newer os distributions require 3.1 (Well except 4.0 but that is a different story). :-D

For you my friend, I can only quote an entire message I wrotein comp.sys.amiga.misc about this very thread. Thank you not.

Now, I had this idea in which I'm first writng the subject then I'm off to the message. I've written the
subject, however stopped a bit. The guy is unbeliveable.

What are you, all against me?

So there's this thread on amiga.org "Some 2.04?" and I've written a few about it. Then the story goes and goes
and mainly, when 2 other '020 programs are set aside, and that that's all there were after "everything 1.3,
2.04, 3.1", it leaves us that we have these three OSes on Amiga and that one of them is 2.04.

Unfortunately, I am wrong here, and a very unapreciated member, a very socially unexepted stand to say the
least, when I say that I see the 2.04 superior to 3.1, and this

not because the 3.1 is less good or god forbid bad,

but because it was not finished as such, and a bit bonvivans WB, a bit unfinished, not all over and set.

So in the thread there was doctorq and everything was all right so far. He said his, I've said mine, and the
truth was clearly visible. The 2.04 as it is, with a black stripe for menues, a definite superiority over 3.1.

The thread continued and everything was more or less digested and it was allright, it was as it is.

Only to expect a low blow, one which is expecting that the thread is forgotten, and now that things weren't as
tightly explained as they were in the begining or while the thread lasted, this one comes in and more or less,
motherssonly says like it's not too important but that it's still the other way arround than it is, and with
that closes.

BTW The language (English) is completely and utterly unmanouvrable.

Offline jkirk

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 01:46:05 PM »
i don't understand you. it sounds in your post like you are taking a dig at me because i posted something you didn't agree with. if that is true DON'T POST someone will always have differing opinions. if this is not true then i apologize for reading too much into that post.

you seem to think 3.1 was not finished. tell me what is not complete. 3.1 IS 2.04/2.1 with additional features that are supported today whereas 2.x is not supported by progs using these features (such as datatypes.)

now if you want to believe that 2.X is better go ahead i won't stop you. i was giving the opinion most users have concerning these two os versions. 3.5 and 3.9 are the stopgap versions of amiga os which was 3.1 with bundled 3rd party software.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 02:49:46 PM »
Wb 1.3 powah!!!!!!!! :lol:  :-D
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 04:53:55 PM »
I immediately switched the a500 to 2.04 the second I seen it suffering with 1.3  :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline jkirk

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 05:18:44 PM »
 :lol:

yea the only reason i used 1.3 was for old games. for anything else i used 3.1.