Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New project for the benefit of all classic computing!  (Read 21934 times)

Description:

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
Re: New project for the benefit of all classic computing!
« Reply #179 from previous page: May 02, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
Anything ever come of this?

I guess not as it's been a long time. My god I remember this thread as if it were 2 years ago at most. Time flipping flies.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
Quote from: Kronos;714561
And I wish my pants were made of gold !!

Yeah highly unpraticle, but since it's never gonna happen anyways, why not go all the way ?

It's quite clear that the thread-starter doesn't fully comprehend what he is talking about.

Just have a look at some of the projects running at a1k.org (I think some similar projects run on EAB). Yep those guys are doing accel-cards, RAM-expansions and even full Amiga-replacements boards and none of them is etching their cards in te basement, the all use proffesional tooling companies (and at the prices i see quoted from time to time anything else wouldn't make sense even for the simplest of PCBs).

Well o.k. Herzi will do his prototyps "electron-cloud"-style, but thats surely not an option for stuff you plan to offer on sale.

Edit:
Mind you the projects the thread-starter mentioned would be doable basement-style (just not in a practical/reasonable way) it's more that some of the early responders carried this thread into lala-land.

That had to be the funniest thing I have read in days.
I want an Amiga made of gold.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Acill

« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
I think if this is a serious venture that an FPGA accelerator for the A3000(T) and A4000(T) with 1GB of RAM onboard would be an amazing first start. PPC would be nice too, but I would take something with the power of the Vampire II for my A4000T.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics