Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RTG API replacement - Lets finally do this  (Read 1232 times)

Description:

Offline HeiroglyphTopic starter

• Show only replies by Heiroglyph
Re: RTG API replacement - Lets finally do this
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 21, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »
Sure,here:

A4000 D, with and without Mediators
Cyberstorm 060 Mk2 w/scsi or warp engine 040
Radeon and voodoo 3 pci, Picasso II zorro
Pci network and USB
Scsi card readers, lots of various drives

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2016, 11:04:06 PM »
Oh, I've only tested rtg modes, that's all I cared about using at the moment.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2016, 11:39:12 PM »
as i said everything, that is behind pci bridge will be useless at this point im afraid, but you are free to experiment with it or add lacking support yourself if you feel like that;)

so basically a4k with a 060 and scsi sounds good. you only dont have any compatible rtg, say a zorro one. an a4k has a problem to boot aros from internal ide, some timing issue, unlikely a1200, but scsi should be fine.

do you use ide drives on scsi, via scsi-ide adapter? because the easiest is to copy aros files to a partition via uae and i dont know any method to attach there scsi hds. instead to access an uide drive sb-ide adapter should no issue.

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:11 AM »
I can get anything to any type of drive I need.

I've got Mechy's SCSI card readers on the Amigas and the PC's with Linux and Windows have SCSI and IDE plus USB multi-card readers.

It was my understanding that the Amiga P96 drivers and Mediator were supported in Aros as was the Amiga P96 driver for the Picasso II. It's in the source code, do they not work?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 12:49:20 AM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;808958
I can get anything to any type of drive I need.

I've got Mechy's SCSI card readers on the Amigas and the PC's with Linux and Windows have SCSI and IDE plus USB multi-card readers.

It was my understanding that the Amiga P96 drivers and Mediator were supported in Aros as was the Amiga P96 driver for the Picasso II. It's in the source code, do they not work?

then i can send you a small aros installation that should start on your machine. you simply need to remember to boot from scsi, not internal ide as its slow and buggy. there is anyway only minor changes you need to apply to a nightly.

what concerns p96, yes it works, as long as its only behind zorro, not pci. the pci implementation is not complete (for amiga bridges). im not the person to ask whats is missing exactly. id have to look through dev ml archives to find out, but ive been kicked out recently and didnt bother to reregister.