Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS: Status Update AresOne, paid order works for programmers  (Read 2661 times)

Description:

phoenixkonsole

AROS: Status Update AresOne, paid order works for programmers
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:37:30 AM »
I'm looking for programmers for software and hardware projects for the AresOne and AROS.

Details here:
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=36506#forumpost36506

If someone has own ideas just contact me and maybe i fund your idea too.

Thanks to Steve"clusteruk" Jones i came in contact with Davy Wentzler. He will work on the onboard-sounddriver of the AresOne too.

The AresOne is now exclusively availabe at www.vesalia.de.

A-live 09 is now called A-live X, the included Cinnamon Writer has been updated and the older Version will be made soon available as free download for all AROS users. Thanks to the work of Tim "Terminills"  and Claus Desler it could soon happen that Cinnamon Writer will be the first app under AROS with printing functionallity!

Customers who bought a AresOne already will get, (with some delay-i'm sorry) the A-live boxes and a working downloadcode for future updates of A-live.

Regards,
Pascal

Offline DrValkyer

• Show only replies by DrValkyer
Re: AROS: Status Update AresOne, paid order works for programmers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »
"Complete System w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM DDR2 800, 250 GB HDD, NVidia GeForce 8400GS (512 MB, VGA/DVI/HDMI), DVD-RW Drive 22x/22x/16x/16x in Dark Crystal Case (black), 500W PSU, incl. AROS and A-Live X Software Pack"

for 379.90 EUR

This price range per computing power should also "real" Amigas have.
I could save Aeon, but she will not come. Who will save me?

Offline RMK305

• Show only replies by RMK305
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »
AresOne looks interesting for the price.

Just wondering though, what can you run on AROS? Is there much in the way of games? I take it 68K software would be through an emulator?
Amiga 4000, Warp Engine 040/40MHz, CV643D with scan doubler module, Tocatta soundcard, Deneb, 72Meg fast ram, 18 gig scsi hard drive.

3xA500, 1xA1200, 1xCD32

phoenixkonsole

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »
There are plenty of games. Most of them are already included in IcAros:
Quake,doom,ScummVM,BoH-demo and many more...
In the last week there was a rush on porting games you can watch some on youtube, i added some videos on my blog www.aresone.de.
Also included in IcAros are emulators for PSX(without bios),C64(VICE), Amiga(without roms and adf's)

68k apps can be used via UAE-integration (its in progress) this allows you to run 68k-apps in their own AROS-Windows (coherence mode) the clipboard is shared between AROS and emulated AmigaOS. Their is also a new project which would allow to run Amiga apps without the need of a kickstart-rom and workbench-files http://emumiga.com/

Some usefull apps which are also included in IcAros:
OWB for surfing the web
Mplayer
wookiechat
nowined (my favorite txt-editor with tabbing)
Lunapaint
FryingPan for burning discs or creating iso's
just to name some.

In addition you get with A-live X Cinnamon Writer and a keyfile for FryingPan(costs normally 25€)