Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AOS 3.1.4 antivirus question  (Read 1546 times)

Description:

Offline arttu80Topic starter

AOS 3.1.4 antivirus question
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:32:44 AM »
Hi.

I ran antivirus scan (that program came with BestWB package) and it found HappyNewYear96 (or was it 95..) virus on many files, so it "repaired" these and in some case files became unusable. So my question is, does this program make any log -file from where I can see what files were modified?

Offline Gulliver

Re: AOS 3.1.4 antivirus question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 10:53:12 AM »
Hi, the antivirus is called Fungicide. Inside Locale/help/english you should find Fungicide.txt which is a brief description of the program.

As far as I remember, you need to first instruct it to do that by redirecting CON: when you run it.

So I believe you probably did not do that and have no log. But you can probably solve it by checking files date/time stamps.

Offline arttu80Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 08:35:59 PM »
Aaargh, exactly what I feared. But thank you anyway for clearing this out. I checked timestamps with "LIST SINCE dd-mm-yy" command, and apparently many files has been altered with new time stamp. Not good. But well, should have checked that txt file before running program yes...

Offline nbache

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 10:19:46 PM »
If you took a backup before running that virus scaremonger, you could use DirDiff (by Cloanto, found on Aminet: http://aminet.net/package/disk/bakup/DirDiff) to see which files have changed and copy them back.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline Minuous

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 03:10:50 AM »
Or if you install ReAction classes you can use Report+ to do the same thing with a friendly GUI and more features/options.