Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne Gaming  (Read 2333 times)

Description:

Offline Ami603

• Show only replies by Ami603
Re: AmigaOne Gaming
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 13, 2003, 10:49:47 AM »
@Joanna:
You can try OpenGL options (through Mesa),it works almost without modifications in every system that supports mesa,and one port of Mesa 5.0 (OpenGL specs 1.4) came with OS4,so you can easily port it from windows to another systems almost in 99% without touching the source code,it can run aswell in linux,etc,and will be supported via Warp3D hardware acceleration.
Also from my point of view it is easy to learn and have lots of tutorials,info on the net.
AmigaOne X1000

Offline Rogue

• Show only replies by Rogue
    • http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2003, 12:07:11 PM »
I can assure you that we are very much aware of the issues of modern graphics hardware. I agree that by the end of the year vertex- and pixel-shader hardware must be the bare minimum. Even more, the advanced programmability of newer hardware like ATI's 9700  series or the 3DLabs P-10 must be taken into account - the only real handle for that is a high-level shading language.

The NOVA design views any fixed-function pipeline as a special case where the shader programs are pre-defined.

OpenGL compatibility is the single most important stepping stone in cross-platform development. This includes both the current OpenGL 1.4 with the appropriate extensions, as well as OpenGL 2.0. I think that we are on the right track for that.
Look out, I\'ve got a gun

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show only replies by KingTutt
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2003, 11:23:05 PM »

Rogue wrote:
I can assure you that we are very much aware of the issues of modern graphics hardware. I agree that by the end of the year vertex- and pixel-shader hardware must be the bare minimum. Even more, the advanced programmability of newer hardware like ATI's 9700  series or the 3DLabs P-10 must be taken into account - the only real handle for that is a high-level shading language.

The NOVA design views any fixed-function pipeline as a special case where the shader programs are pre-defined.

OpenGL compatibility is the single most important stepping stone in cross-platform development. This includes both the current OpenGL 1.4 with the appropriate extensions, as well as OpenGL 2.0. I think that we are on the right track for that.

Thankyou Hans, you don't know how relieved I am, hearing you say that you guys are aware and focused in that department. Don't get me wrong, I already presumed you guys were making real advances in the design of Warp3D 5 NOVA, its just very reassuring hearing it from the man himself.

Good luck on the project and remember you have the full support of the entire Amiga community (no matter how few of us are left). Now just get cracking and give us a beautiful product for us Amiga faithfuls to really root for!

Cheers buddy.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.