Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New RadeonHD Driver Release  (Read 2877 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

New RadeonHD Driver Release
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
New RadeonHD Driver Release

Cardiff, 15th November 2013

A-EON Technology is pleased to announce that Version 1.0 RC2 (0.57) of the RadeonHD driver for AmigaOS 4.1 is now available for free download for AmigaONE X1000 and other registered customers.

Registered customers: http://www.a-eon.com/?page=download&os=amigaos
New customers: http://www.a-eon.com/?page=radeonhd

The new Version 1.0 RC2 (Release candidate) adds a few new features and bug fixes which improves card initialisation and solves intermittent boot problems which affected some Sapphire RadeonHD 6570 cards. The fixes and improvements include:-

Golden register initialisation code added (golden registers are a table of registers supplied by AMD's hardware engineers to be initialised on startup)

Improved the VGA (UBOOT/CFE screen) shutdown code for Evergreen+ chipsets. This solves the intermittent boot problems which affected some Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 cards. (and possibly others)

About the RadeonHD driver: The driver supports 2D and Compositing under AmigaOS 4.1 with a wide range of RadeonHD graphics cards including: the X1300-X1950 series, HD4000 series, "Evergreen" HD5000 series, "Northern Islands" HD6000 series and "Southern Island" HD7000 series RadeonHD cards. The RadeonHD driver development was commissioned by A-EON Technology for its ground breaking AmigaONE X1000 computer.

Please visit AmigaKit's website to obtain compatible RadeonHD graphics cards: http://www.amigakit.com

About the developer: Hans de Ruiter is an electrical & electronic engineer and leading AmigaOS developer and Amiga enthusiast. His website - HDRLab - details various projects, many of which are AmigaOS related. The biggest of these is the RadeonHD driver for AmigaOS, an ambitious project that aims to deliver modern graphics capabilities for the AmigaOS platform.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: New RadeonHD Driver Release
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:17:51 PM »
Alright!

So where is the 3D driver...?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline utri007

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:29:35 PM »
This is not for MorhOS :(
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline Iggy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
Quote from: utri007;752907
This is not for MorhOS :(

Um, that's MorphOS.

And yes I have noticed as I was considering buying an Acube system, but unlike MorphOS, there isn't a 3D driver for later video cards (not even the Radeon 9800).

Wouldn't it be easier if the Frieden brothers asked for some help?

Development might go faster with more than two people working on it.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »
@thread

This is a positive step but I have to take issue with the hyperbole in the statement that the X1000 is a ground breaking computer. What ground would that be? Did someone drop it and leave a divot in the ground?

For goodness sakes, it performs on par with a Pentium class system from 2004 and now has 2D compositing, a feature that many systems have been capable of for over 20 years. Excuse me for not getting excited.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
Is this any better than the driver that was banned recently?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Hans_

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59:46 AM »
@ferrellsl
For goodness sakes, it performs on par with a Pentium class system from 2004 and now has 2D compositing, a feature that many systems have been capable of for over 20 years. Excuse me for not getting excited.

A minor point of information: the Radeon HD driver has supported 2D compositing on all supported cards for a long time now. This release fixes some initialisation problems with certain cards. That's even less exciting... unless you have one of those cards.

@XDelusion

Is this any better than the driver that was banned recently?

A driver got banned? :confused:

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »
Any plans to add P96-PIP Overlay compatibility (even if it's emulated using GPU) or 3D support?
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;752911
@thread

This is a positive step but I have to take issue with the hyperbole in the statement that the X1000 is a ground breaking computer. What ground would that be? Did someone drop it and leave a divot in the ground?

Its pretty bad when I keep finding myself agreeing with a guy o usually take do not get along with.

But he has a point, 2D compositing? Not exactly revolutionary.

Although, the PPCs used in OS4 hardware are quite a bit more powerful than Pentium class hardware.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 09:16:07 PM »
Quote from: Hans_;752934
A driver got banned? :confused:

Because some idiots decided that having even less development in the Amiga community would be a good thing, apparently.  :bitch:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline prowler

• Show only replies by prowler
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;752985
Because some idiots decided that having even less development in the Amiga community would be a good thing, apparently.  :bitch:

I have to admit this is the first time i have heard of a driver being banned. What driver was banned? What is the story behind the banning?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »
I wonder if Vox will get this update?  I seem to remember him saying that Hyperion had banned him from receiving updates for his X1000, but IIRC this driver has nothing to do with Hyperion so I hope he does get it.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Quote from: prowler;752986
I have to admit this is the first time i have heard of a driver being banned. What driver was banned? What is the story behind the banning?

Elbox allegedly threatened Ratte for developing a 68k Radeon driver that was better than theirs.

Typical dickish move from them.....
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »
This is an AEON product.

Every X1000 customer can have free access to this RadeonHD driver.