Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Boing Ball Mouse Now Available  (Read 5151 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: New Boing Ball Mouse Now Available
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 06:07:21 AM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;591854
Wow, I'm glad I'm not selling anything Amiga related.  You guys are brutal.

It's not vaporware, it's not overpriced and AmigaKit isn't just out to milk our community.

Seems better than the Microsoft mouse I'm using on my Amiga.

@Thread,

It is a nice mouse and why not use a mouse with a nice 3D Boing Ball sticker on it, than one without?  I don't know about the AmigaOne keyboards, as I did not get one, or try one out yet, but if it works just as well or better than my extra Dell keyboard that I sometimes use with a MorphOS computer, why not buy and use it to support an EXCELLENT Amiga retailer?

I don't understand any negative comments regarding the sales of these items.  And you are right, AmigaKit is not out to "milk" our community!  What, by selling mice and keyboards they are raping our community?  I don't think so.  The price I paid for the mice seemed perfectly normal to me, given that it had been customized, which takes time, effort and the cost of the sticker itself.  If you don't like the mice or keyboards with their stickers, don't buy them, but please don't try to make AmigaKit out to be a thief in our community.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 06:12:30 AM »
Quote from: Duce;591855
I'm waiting for the Amiga keyboard with Spanish lesbian keys.

:laughing:

@Templario,

Ask AmigaKit to sell you a set of Boing Ball stickers and make your own Spanish keys Amiga keyboard!  :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:33 AM »
To be honest i'm really quite fond of my Logitech trackball. Best invention ever!

So in comparison any mouse is really quite crap to me. So i don't really give a f**k either way.

Be men and use trackballs. Only wankers use mice   :mickeymouse:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
Can a white X1000 case be far behind?

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
Quote from: HammerD;591848
Actually I think the Amiga 2000 keyboard was the best :) so easy/fast to type on 1 ;)

Yes, especially the first version with C= key. I think it was manufactured by Cherry. Comes pretty close to my IBM model M. ;)

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 02:44:06 PM »

Offline Tension

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 04:13:47 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;591431

It can be ordered in PS/2 or USB version

Aaah, so it's not an Amiga mouse.  This should probably be in the Other OS forum then.

Offline Heiroglyph

• Show only replies by Heiroglyph
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 04:27:40 PM »
Quote from: Tension;591957
Aaah, so it's not an Amiga mouse.  This should probably be in the Other OS forum then.

We Amiga USB users would beg to differ ;)

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;591963
We Amiga USB users would beg to differ ;)
I'm an Amiga USB user, but wouldn't dream of using a non-Amiga keyboard or mouse with my Legacy systems :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:59:18 PM by save2600 »

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 04:09:41 AM »
Quote from: Piru;591926
Black:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QWICZW/

White:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RAGOQM/

You just need a bunch of stickers, then!

If you can get the stickers yourself and want to spend your time and effort installing them (no big deal), and if you have no interest in supporting one of the few remaining Amiga retailers (a retailer that has a proven track record of good service and efforts to continue serving a tiny niche market filled with customers that are very hard to please) then by all means don't buy these products.

I don't mind paying AmigaKit a few dollars in return for their work to have the stickers produced and installed, but more important, I support them because they support our community with products and services that I don't want to see disappear.  (Plus they are great guys and Amiga fans themselves)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:16:05 AM by amigadave »

Offline Tension

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;592137
If you can get the stickers yourself and want to spend your time and effort installing them (no big deal), and if you have no interest in supporting one of the few remaining Amiga retailers (a retailer that has a proven track record of good service and efforts to continue serving a tiny niche market filled with customers that are very hard to please) then by all means don't buy these products.

I don't mind paying AmigaKit a few dollars in return for their work to have the stickers produced and installed, but more important, I support them because they support our community with products and services that I don't want to see disappear.  (Plus they are great guys and Amiga fans themselves)

I never found sticker 'installation' such a taxing job that I'd pay someone else to 'install' them as you put it.

Is this a joke?

EDIT:  100% mark up.  Just as well there's so many people drinking the Kool-Aid.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:29:35 AM by Tension »

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 05:18:21 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;592137
(Plus they are great guys and Amiga fans themselves)

Im a great amiga fan too, give me money! :P

Now serious... You can buy a mouse like this or even better and cheaper on a local shop in you city without mail delivery, buy some hardware on amiga shops isnt a good idea.
a1200 060

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 06:01:16 AM »
Quote from: Tension;592138
I never found sticker 'installation' such a taxing job that I'd pay someone else to 'install' them as you put it.

Is this a joke?

EDIT:  100% mark up.  Just as well there's so many people drinking the Kool-Aid.

The joke is that so many people made such a big deal over an item that costs less than $20.

I don't know where you got the 100% mark up from, as I did not pay near that much, but then I haven't found that same exact mouse available here in the USA, so maybe your mark up is much more than mine would be.

If this were a $170 item I would obviously think twice about buying it if an un-branded duplicate item could be found for $140, but it isn't.  I don't mind paying $5 more for a mouse that has some kind of visual connection to my favorite hobby, as long as the item that is branded is a quality design to suit my needs, which this mouse is.

Still don't understand all the fuss and kool-aid insults over a few dollars.  Maybe if any of these naysayers that think buying a Boing Ball mouse is so crazy would use their time and efforts to actually create, manufacture, modify, or otherwise enhance for the Amiga community, instead of criticizing others, I would spend some of my money on their product or service, but they seem to like spending their time in other ways.

Edit:  In case you don't already know, this is not just a sticker that anyone could make on their printer at home.  Someone had to put up the money to have these 3D stickers made and pay someone else to put them on the mouse.  If you don't like the design, or price of the mouse, don't buy one, but why criticize others that like the product for what it is and don't mind paying the small difference in price to get it?  Since I am primarily a MorphOS user, I have spent a couple of hours trying to find some place to give me a quote for making a replacement 3D sticker with a Blue Morpho Butterfly to replace the Boing Ball, just to see what a run of 100 would cost.  It would not surprise me to find out that the stickers may cost nearly as much as the mark up on these mice that a few are complaining so loudly about.  I don't mind if people think it is stupid to pay extra to get a Boing Ball sticker on a stock mouse, but I do think it is unfair for them to accuse AmigaKit of trying to charge double the price for a stock mouse, like they are stealing money from Amiga users.  You might be surprised at how low the profit for this mouse really is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:15:14 AM by amigadave »

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:58 AM »
Someone really needs to code some drivers and mods for the Logitech G series keyboards for the Amiga OS variants.  I use a G-19 via a USB KVM with my SAM.

Great keyboard, wish I could use the LCD with the SAM though.  I don't game much, I love the thing for system meters and such though.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4956

Offline Templario

« Reply #29 from previous page: November 17, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;591860
:laughing:

@Templario,

Ask AmigaKit to sell you a set of Boing Ball stickers and make your own Spanish keys Amiga keyboard!  :)
I have solved this problem, I bough the A A stickers and I put in my keyboard. But if Amigakit wants sell Amiga keyboards will have other country keyboards or more easy letters stikers for other languages configurations.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9